Did you know there are loads of great English-speaking (and non-English speaking) groups in Tel Aviv? Here are some of our favourites:
Acting and Amateur Dramatics
- The StageTLV – Community Theater in Tel Aviv
The Stage is an English-Language Performing Arts Community in Tel Aviv. Every year they aim to run 3 productions, plus they host regular workshops and events – the next workshop starts in October with Acting 102, Tap Dancing and Musical Theater
- Tel Aviv Improv Workshop – The Tel-Aviv Improv Workshop is a drop-in, low-pressure, recreational improvisational-theater workshop, that has been running weekly for the past 5 years. They meet every Tuesday, 19:45-22:00at Dubnov Park (or in the Dizengoff Center if the weather is bad). The workshops are free, open to all levels, and everyone is encouraged to participate.
- Toast Tel Aviv – Public-Speaking Practice (English) – get over your fear of public speaking with this awesome community, they meet regularly at Maze 9.
- The Tel Aviv Writer’s Salon – they recently had a short break, but it looks like they may startup again. The best way to keep updating is through their Facebook Group.
- Raanana Writers Salon – meet twice a month, activities include writing prompts, writing time, sharing aloud and discussion on craft.
- Booksurfing – A social initiative bringing strangers together through texts, held in hundreds of homes, bars, cafes, parks and other hosting spaces all around the world. Surfs are offered to the general public free of charge, and have no political or religious agenda. The only moving force behind BookSurfing is curiosity and the ability to listen to others.
- Tel Aviv Folk Club – The Tel Aviv Folk Club is a musical gathering which has been meeting regularly, twice each month since 1987. In an evening, we present four gigs of live folk music. We are comprised of musicians and audience – people who love folk music. We make up a very close-knit, warm and friendly community.
- Poetry Slam (in Hebrew)
- Tel Aviv English Book Club – We read one book a month (voted on by club members) and meet to discuss it. We’re a friendly group and new members are always welcome!
I met many of my best friends in Ulpan… check out our Guide to the Best Places to Learn Hebrew in Tel Aviv!
Art and Crafts Classes
We have a whole separate blog post on this called Art and Craft Classes in Tel Aviv
Love dancing? We have a whole separate blog post on this called Dance Classes in Tel Aviv.
There are loads of awesome cooking schools around Tel Aviv! Check our Guide to Cooking Classes in Tel Aviv.
- Soccer in Tel Aviv
- Tel Aviv Co-Ed Football and Beer Club – Looking to meet cool new people? Every Saturday this cool club meet for a kick about on Charles Clore Park (also Tuesday and Thursdays at Maze 11). They’re always looking for new players.
- Kick Ball
- Is it a sport? Is it a social? Yes, it’s both – Kickball most Saturday afternoons in Hayarkon park
- American Football
- Tel Aviv Pioneers American football team
- Other Ball Games
- People looking for Basketball games
- Tel Aviv Netball
- Israeli Baseball Association – website and facebook
- People looking for Volleyball games
- People looking to play Aussie Rules football
- Tennis Tel Aviv Partners – look for partners to play tennis with
- For tennis tournaments and leagues check Tennis Partner
- Board Games
- Running Groups
We have a whole separate blog post on this called Volunteering in Israel.
Olim Friendly Synagogues in Tel Aviv
We have a whole separate blog post on this called Olim Friendly Synagogues in Tel Aviv.
Live Music Venues
We have a whole blog post on the Best Places to See Live Music in Tel Aviv!
Hi-Tech and Entrepreneurs
- Garage Geeks
- Startup Grind
- Wine Wednesday – An excuse to drink good Israeli wine with friends (both old and soon-to-be) while raising money and awareness for important grassroots projects in Israel.
- Women in Digital – Women in Digital Israel is a professional organization dedicated to encouraging and supporting Women in their digital careers through networking, lectures, workshops, courses, mentoring and employment opportunities.
- Lesbians Who Tech – Lesbians Who Tech is a gathering of women in the queer community in and around tech, chatting over drinks.
- She Codes
- Fuckup Nights
- Girls in Tech Tel Aviv – Girls in Tech (GIT) is a global non-profit organization focused on the engagement, education and empowerment of influential women in tech space. They meet up once every month or two.
- School of Shine – School of Shine is a women’s community dedicated to inspiring happiness from within. School of Shine hosts unique events and offers proven tools to help women infuse more positive habits into their daily lives. Events include walking groups, Coffee, Kegels and Conversation meetups, and more.
Best of the rest
- Tel Aviv Parents’ Support Group – Tel Aviv Parents’ Support Group was created to provide a safe place for (mostly, but not limited to) English-speaking moms and dads in Tel Aviv to share ideas and support, ask questions and find answers. We plan occasional meet ups in the city’s various parks and generally support each other like family, since many of us are here in Israel without our real families.
- This Is Not An Ulpan – a great way to learn hebrew
- Language Exchange Tel Aviv
- Yeah: Tel Aviv Language Exchange
- Tel Aviv Motorcycle Club – Tel Aviv’s very own Hells Angels
If we have missed out a group, please send us an email to email@example.com