Mazal Tov on making Aliyah! This is a huge step and at Secret Tel Aviv we want to help you make the move as easy as possible, that is why we lovingly made a checklist of all the things you have to do to get settled in.
1. Sign up to the Secret Tel Aviv Weekly Events Newsletter here – Get details of all the best events and highlights of the week directly to your inbox!
2. If you haven’t already, join the Secret Tel Aviv Facebook Group and become part of Tel Aviv’s coolest community.
3. Finding an apartment – First up, finding somewhere to live. Check out the Secret Tel Aviv guide to finding apartments.
4. Opening a bank account – Now that you’ve found an apartment, you’ll need a bank account for the rent (and saving all your money!). Secret Tel Aviv has partnered with Israel’s largest bank, Bank Hapoalim to get you some cool benefits – click here for more details. You can also read about hidden charges with Israeli banks.
5. Have you spoken to the Misrad HaKlita yet? As a new Oleh you get a lot of benefits, know them! – head down to the Misrad HaKlita (Ministry of Absorption) as soon as possible and ask about the benefits you get as a new Oleh.
9. Ok – so you’ve got an apartment, some great new friends, and basic Hebrew – it’s time to get a job! Check the Secret Tel Aviv Job Board, Israel’s biggest jobs board for English speakers for some current openings.
10. Check out all the cool events happening in Tel Aviv in the Secret Tel Aviv Events page, find concerts, parties and much more! You can also get tickets for the concerts you want to go in the Secret Tel Aviv Box Office.
11. If you are thinking of doing a degree in Israel, check our guide to studying in Israel to find the best university and degree for you!
13. If you have got ticks next to most of these boxes, you are well on your way to settling in Israel! Now if you can pay back the community – if you see people looking for help in the Secret Tel Aviv Group and you know the answer, don’t be shy, help them out. If you want to contribute to the Secret Tel Aviv blog, we would be happy to hear from you!