Wed 24 May 2017 | 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Shenkar - Ramat Gan, Ramat Gan, FREE (RSVP needed)
Dov Moran is an Israeli entrepreneur, investor and best known as the inventor of the USB Flash Drive (with over 40 other patents).
Dov Founded M-Systems in 1989 and led it till its acquisition by SanDisk for $1.6B at the end of 2006 after reaching revenues of $1B. From that time, he established several companies and invested in many others. He recently established an early-stage deep-technology Venture Capital fund called Grove Ventures. The fund invests in Israeli-related startups with hard-to-replicate technologies in the areas of IoT, Cloud and Artificial intelligent.
Dov is recognized globally and received many prestigious awards from major organizations and institutions:
– “Entrepreneur of the Year” by Ernst & Young
– “CEO of the Year” from the IMC
– The prestigious Edward Rheine Award for inventing the USB Flash Drive (2012)
– In January 2013, was named “Doctor Honoris Causa” from Moscow State Technical University of Radio Engineering, Electronics and Automation
– In 2015, he has received the “IEEE Reynold B. Johnson Information Storage Systems” award
– In June 2016, he was given the title of “Honorary Doctor” from the Technion, Israel Institute of Technology.
In Sept 2016, with the vision of sharing his experience, Dov has published his first book called ‘100 Doors’. In his book he writes about innovation and entrepreneurship. The book was ranked as #1 in the best sellers books in Israel (non – fiction).
Join us for an exciting talk by Dov Moran @ Shenkar.