Tel Aviv’s 5th Blues Festival will take place in November, 2017, across 20 venues scattered around the city. This is the fifth time the festival is held, after the first festival premiered on July 2015 for four days, since then bringing thousands of visitors and collaborations with additional producers.
This year the festival will have a local aroma, with all concerts showcasing local blues, apart from American musician EB Davis accompanied by the SOBO band. The festival will host dozens of blues performances in Hebrew and English by local Israeli artists, collaborations and exclusive festival productions. In addition, the city of Jaffa was added to the festival’s name and will host a variety of shows in its venues.
Tel Aviv’s Blues Festival is a vibrant urban festival, during which dozens of clubs and bars throughout the city break their routine for four days, and get swept into a joyous whirlwind of sounds. The festival is a wonderful opportunity to experience the magic, the beauty and the liberation of the blues.
– Litani Blues| Einav Culture Center| A unique performance of blues and soul music. Dani Litani
with guest Dafna Armoni.
– Guest artist| EB Davis (Chicago) accompanied by SOBO band| the Chicago blues ambassador
in a free admission concert at Mike’s Place
– Itay Pearl| Einav Culture Center | Arava Hotel – An early premiere of his new album
– Yair Dalal and the Blues Orient Band | The new Bar Giora| A concert blending ethnic music
with elements from blues and jazz music (a second show will take place on the same weekend in
Elma, Zichron Ya’akov).
– Alon Eder and Lior Dayan| The new Bar Giora| Alon Eder sings the blues and Lior Dayan tells
– The Blues Messengers in a tribute to the world’s greatest blues guitarists| Einav Culture
Center | Special guests: Ilan Virtzberg and Yehuda Eder.
Exclusive Blues Festival Productions
– Tribute show to John Mayall’s seminal album The Turning Point| Radio EPGB| Roy
Rieck and friends in a tribute to the British godfather of blues.
– Tribute to harmonica legend Junior Wells Hoodoo Man Blues| Container| A tribute in
honor of the 20 year anniversary of the passing of Junior Wells, a show dedicated to the
songs of Junior Wells featuring the country’s best harmonica players.
– Yaron Ben-Ami and Sagol 59– “Clarksdale, corner of Petach-Tikva”| Tailor Made
show of classic blues, folk and country songs, translated into Hebrew.
– Eli and the Chocolate Factory| The Zone| Dixieland and Blues, from New Orleans to
– Hagar Levi | Levontin 7 | Nina Simone tribute
– Yoel Shemesh and the Planets | Hoodna Bar
– Woman Sing the Blues | Table Talk
– Dov Hammer’s Blues Power | The Container
– Michael and Shimrit Grailsamer | Cuckoo’s Nest
– Electric Blue | The Container
– Mickey Shaviv & Big Bad Boogie | Akbar
– Tribute to Jonny Cash | Bar Giora
– Lazer Lloyd | Abraxas
– The Last Waltz tribute | Rotschild Allenby Market
– Clapton, Blues & In Between | Tsuzamen
– Cheche Milito | Anna Loulou