Tue 3 September 2019 | 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Tel Aviv - , Tel Aviv,
SFERA 2020: BIOURBANISM is a conference in Tel Aviv that will bring together international innovators – urbanists, biologists, architects, programmers and designers, – to discuss how we can build better cities using knowledge about the natural world around us.
Not only is Tel Aviv an urban gem, but the inspiration for its unique design comes from nature. A biologist by education, Patrick Geddes was a revolutionary urban planner who incorporated ideas from natural sciences in Tel Aviv’s tree-laden boulevards, countless public gardens, and oh-so-human streets of eclectic, “jolie laide” urban life.
Join us in September 2020 for a series of thought-provoking talks, discussions, workshops, city walks and more to explore ideas ranging from biomimicry and biophilic design to circular economy and neuro-architecture. We welcome experts, students, researchers, municipalities, and startups working towards more life-centered and sustainable cities.
– Marcos Cruz, director of Bio-Integrated Design at Bartlett School of Architecture, UCL
– Michal Gath-Morad, chair of Cognitive Science at ETH Zurich
– Emma van der Leest, founder and creative director BlueCity Lab
– Itai Palti, director of the Centre for Conscious Design, founder of the Conscious Cities Movement
– Cleo Valentine, researcher at Open Systems Lab and the University of Oxford
– Sella Nevo, senior software engineer at Google
– Dalia Munenzon, Boston associate at One Architecture & Urbanism
– Yasmine Meroz, researcher at Tel Aviv University
– Stanislava Boskovic, visiting academic at Imperial College London
– Jessica Guy, project manager at Fab City Hub Barcelona
– Daniel Elkayam, art-designer
– Vanessa Rosenthal, co-director of Speculative Futures London
– Giuliana Mazzetta, co-director of Speculative Futures London
– Avi Blau, director at Afeka Institute of Circular Engineering and Economy
– Natalia Olszewska, Human Metrics Lab lead at Hume
– Aishwarya Narayana, project lead at Hume, founder of Conscious Bengaluru
– and more!
More details will be announced soon, follow us to stay tuned!