Sun 22 March 2020 | 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
AB - Culinary Production Company - HaTehiya 14, Tel Aviv,
Come join Niggen in a gorgeous art space. Creative cuisine brought to you by Emanuel’s Kitchen, + a full bar.
You’re cordially invited to the Third Official Niggen Soul Sessions:
▪️ Tickets: 50₪ at the door, cash only.
▪️ Highly recommended to RESERVE YOUR SPOT here, on the Facebook event.
▪️ Studio 207, HaThiya 14, Jaffa. (Go two floors up the stairs on the left or right of the warehouse.)
▪️ Doors, bar, and kitchen open @ 8:00
▪️ Music starts @ 9 (promptly.)
▪️ Full bar and food to soothe your soul.
⚠️ for those who observe kashrut: kitchen is NOT certified kosher, but food will be dairy and vegetarian ⚠️
What are SOUL SESSIONS?
1. The Soul Sessions celebrate all of our original music (and its rich Jewish roots).
2. They’re a testing ground for us to regularly practice our newest pieces in front of the audience we love…
3. …and they’re a home-base, a space for you to meet the eclectic, diverse, open hearted Niggen community.
3. There will always be a *different guest artist*…
4. …and there will always be food and drinks.
Bring your spouses, kids, friends, grandparents.
🎼 Niggen is an original jazz ensemble that creates new Hasidic Jewish music.
Within Hasidism, the “niggen” (melody) is a tool used to awaken the soul toward spiritual reflection. The melody is believed to have a power to rid man of the mundane, day-to-day dust, and elevate him unto higher states of connection with the creator and all of creation. There are melodies that bring the soul to joy and those that bring it to longing. There are melodies evoking heroism and those evoking inner peace.
The Niggen Quartet translates these traditional Hasidic melodies into contemporary jazz.
Tom Lev // Sax
Yosef Levi // Drums
Opher Schneider // Bass
Itamar Dahan // Piano