Thu 26 December 2019 | 8:30 pm - 11:30 pm
AB - Culinary Production Company - HaTehiya 14, Tel Aviv,
Niggen returns to Jaffa on the fifth night of Hannukah!!!
We’re thrilled to welcome back ~Moshe Elmakias~ on Piano, as well as two fantastic guests on vocals and guitar -Ilan Damry and Nadav Remez 🎉🎉🎉
Come light the candles with Niggen in a gorgeous art space. Creative Hanukkah cuisine brought to you by Emanuel’s Kitchen… And a full bar.
You’re cordially invited to the Third Official Niggen Soul Sessions!
▪️ Tickets: 50₪ at the door, cash only.
▪️ Highly recommended to RESERVE YOUR SPOT here, on the Facebook event!
▪️ Studio 207, HaThiya 14, Jaffa. (Go two floors up the stairs on the left of the warehouse.)
▪️ Doors, bar, and kitchen open @ 8:30
▪️ Music starts @ 9 (promptly.)
▪️ Full bar and yummy hannukah food to soothe your soul.
What are SOUL SESSIONS?
1. The Soul Sessions celebrate all of our original music (and its rich Jewish roots).
2. They’re a testing ground for us to regularly practice our newest pieces in front of the audience we love…
3. …and they’re a home-base, a space for you to meet the eclectic, diverse, open hearted Niggen community.
3. There will always be a *different guest artist*…
4. …and there will always be food and drinks.
Bring your spouses, kids, friends, grandparents.
It will be an evening for the books.
🎼 Niggen is an original jazz ensemble that creates new Hasidic Jewish music.
Within Hasidism, the “niggen” (melody) is a tool used to awaken the soul toward spiritual reflection. The melody is believed to have a power to rid man of the mundane, day-to-day dust, and elevate him unto higher states of connection with the creator and all of creation. There are melodies that bring the soul to joy and those that bring it to longing. There are melodies evoking heroism and those evoking inner peace.
The Niggen Quartet translates these traditional Hasidic melodies into contemporary jazz.