The DLD Tel Aviv Innovation Festival is back!
And this year the organizers are trying to make it even more accessible for everyone in Tel Aviv! There are loads of free events going on throughout the week, including:
- The Cities Summit – a conference organised by the Iryah about how to promote innovation in cities.
- The DLD Tel Aviv Urban Happening – 25 simultaneous meetups around Rothschild.
- Tel Aviv Makers Zone – cool inventions by crazy maker nerds displayed down Rothschild.
- Pick a Startup – loads of startups vie for the prestige of being best-startup – can they wow the audience in less than one minute?!
- Garage Geeks Meets the Leaders – its hunting season, some of Israel’s top hi-tech CEOs will be available to answer your questions.
Cities Summit Tel Aviv: Cracking the Innovation Code
Monday 26th September 9am-4pm | Free, Registration Required | Tel Aviv Museum of Art
The Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality invites entrepreneurs, politicians, city counsellors, and other senior urban administrators to join forces and come together for an opportunity to share their experiences on how to promote innovation in their cities. Speakers include mayors and/or deputy mayors of Tel Aviv, Bogota, Frankfurt, Espoo, Budapest, and Dusseldorf, plus loads of other great speakers.
Tuesday 27th September 6pm-midnight | Free, registration required | Bars along Rothschild Boulevard
25 simultaneous meetups in bars all along Tel Aviv – all free and open to the public. Here are some of our favourites:
1. Innovators 4 Accessibility @ Tailor Made 7pm-9pm
Come and hear how a really cool group of makers (techie term for people who like to make cool machines and inventions) are inventing technology to help disabled people. The amazing group of makers are part of TOM (Tikkun Makers Community). Check out the Facebook event for more info.
2. Fash&Tech @ Kuli Alma 6.30pm-10pm
Join us for a night of Tel-Avivian fashion innovation. The event will include a panel discussion touching on fund raising for fashion hi-techs, with 4 investors in the space! Check out the Meetup for more info.
3. Trans.cendence @ Abraham Hostel 6.30pm-
We will celebrate Ma’avarim new scholarship fund for the trans community, sponsored by Microsoft! Join us for fun networking event over dinner and an open bar. The event will include: “From a Presentation to Exit” – fireside chat with Assaf Rappaport. Followed by dancing and DJ! Check out the Facebook event for more info.
* Abraham Hostel is one of 3 permanent handout spots for the Secret Tel Aviv VIP Card – get great discounts in bars and restaurants across the city! *
4. FrenchTech Party @ Insitut Francais 6.45pm-10pm
As part of la French Tech program on DLD 2016, the live electro sound of Franck Vigroux will rock the visual algorithms of Antoine Schmitt for an extraordinary performance, chaotic, but still controlled. “Tempest” is a big bang of lights, sparkles and stars, which movement merges with the sound effects that come along with it. Highly visual, this performance combining music and digital art will fascinate the DLD audience. Check out the Facebook event for more info.
Tel Aviv Makers Zone
Tuesday 27th September 7pm-11pm | Allenby end of Rothschild Boulevard
An event open to the general public – enjoy an experience of art, the culture of digital innovation and technology.
- Augmented Reality – an animation game that can only be seen if scanned on a cell phone
- Art – works of digital art that incorporate cutting-edge technology
- Fashion Tech – a display of wearable tech: fashion, accessories, and smart materials
- Makers Fair – a presentation of products made by local designers, developers and startups
- Teens as Entrepreneurs – an exhibition of technological ventures developed by teenagers from around Israel
- An Exhibit of Science Fiction Posters – famous scenes from popular movies are depicted against the backdrop of Tel Aviv-Yafo landscapes
Garage Geeks – Meet the Leaders
Wednesday 28th September 6.30pm | Free, registration required | HaTachana
If you haven’t heard of Garage Geeks – you should do! Yossi Vardi’s pet project, every time a CEO or similar from a major hi-tech company comes to Israel, Yossi get them down to his warehouse for an informal Q&A, open to everyone.
Expanding on this, the DLD Tel Aviv Garage Geeks will include many top business leaders answering questions from the crowd. Registration is required, you can register here.
Pick a Start Up
Wednesday 28th September 4pm | Free | HaTachana
Think the X-Factor, but for startups. Startups have 1 minute to pitch their concept. Registration is required, you can register here.
And if you do have some shekels bouncing around in your pocket, here are details of the DLD Main Event…
DLD Tel Aviv Conference
Tuesday and Wednesday 27-28th September 9am-6pm | Tickets ~2,000 NIS for both days | Suzanne Dallal Center
A prestigious international festival and conference dealing with innovation, digital media, science and culture, which brings together business people, social leaders, opinion leaders, and investors.
The conference aims to lay the groundwork for future innovations and technological developments, offering professionals and senior executives in the global hi-tech industry a platform for exchanging ideas and networking.
There will speakers from around the world, startups and delegations from Japan, China, Turkey, Russia, France and South Korea. Companies such as Google, Intel, Microsoft, Amazon and IBM will also take part.