Last updated January 21st 2015
We are looking for 2 or 3 amazing interns to join the team. Get some great experience for your cv, learn some cool new skills, do some awesome networking, get your finger on the Tel Aviv pulse… and most importantly, help thousands of Internationals settle better in Israel!
What’s in it for you?:
1. Get some great experience and learn some cool new skills for future employment:
- Community Management – “managing Tel Aviv’s largest community of over 50,000 members, receiving 200 posts a day and over 1,000 comments”
- Content Writing – “writing blog posts that were regularly read by over 5,000 people – plus they really helped a lot of people!”
- Sales – “managed the sales process from initiation to closing and beyond. Used Zoho CRM system, built strong relationships with my customers, and implemented solutions with positive ROI”
- Marketing – “grew the group members, newsletter subscribers and website traffic. Used MailChimp, WordPress, and Livechat software to better engage with community”
- Business Development – “assessed opportunities and took ownership of several partnerships, helping grow the business and provide better services for the community”
2. Learn about the hi-tech market in Israel – hi-tech is the most important industry in Israel and Tel Aviv, and the biggest employer of internationals in Israel. Here at Secret Tel Aviv we have a lot of experience of Israeli hi-tech – learn who are the best companies, what do they do, what roles are available in companies and what is required.
3. Have fun with the Secret Tel Aviv brand name – as well as having an strong reputation within the hi-tech industry, Secret Tel Aviv is widely known in the entertainment industry. Use the Secret Tel Aviv name to get into Tel Aviv’s best clubs and restaurants, and be in the know about all the best events and societies going on in the city.
4. Get a lot of responsibility – being a startup, interns will have an opportunity to take on large projects within Secret Tel Aviv. An example might be managing the Secret Tel Aviv Recruitment business, with responsibilities such as building relationships with NGOs who provide support to Internationals looking for jobs, building relationships with hiring managers within hi-tech companies, organizing events, and helping a lot of people!
5. Help people!
What are the typical tasks and responsibilities an intern can expect:
- Manage the Facebook community (1-2 hours a day) – admit people, moderate wall
- Write cool blog posts (3-4 a week)
- Sales * (manage relationships with partners)
- Marketing * (newsletter, speak with members)
- Business Development * (assess new opportunities)
- Event Planning * (take ownership of events)
What are the internship job requirements?
First and foremost, interns need to care about the community and helping people, and be excited to do this. Literally thousands of people depend on Secret Tel Aviv to find apartments, jobs, events, and friends. Equally, when dealing with clients, interns need to care about the client’s success.
Candidates need to be hungry – we are looking for people who understand the opportunities available within Secret Tel Aviv, and how to get the most out of them.
Candidates need to be responsible and mature – we are a startup who will invest a lot of time teaching candidates about how to manage the community, how to deal with people, how to use our software systems – we need to be sure that in turn the candidates will take their job seriously and act responsibly.
How to apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Tell us a bit about yourself, what motivates you to apply for the internship
- Tell us about your availability
- Attach your cv
- Attach a short blog post that you think would be useful for the community
We look forward to hearing from you!
What is Secret Tel Aviv
- Secret Tel Aviv’s Facebook Group is Israel’s largest international community, helping Olim and Internationals settle in Israel, and internationals and native Israelis integrate. Every day over 200 questions are posted within the group, generating over 1,000 responses.
- The Secret Tel Aviv Events Newsletter is one of the largest of its kind in Israel, with thousands of subscribers. Every week we send out a newsletter with the hottest events for the next seven days.
- Secret Tel Aviv also has a website and the Secret Tel Aviv Magazine, as well as a recruitment business, a vacation rentals business, a real estate business, a ticket box office, and a dating website.