Chanukah starts on Sunday night this year… here’s our Buzzfeed style tribute to this awesome chag!
1. Mmmmmm… Donuts
In what has to be one of our favourite ever research assignments, we have eaten our way through Tel Aviv’s best donuts… here is the Secret Tel Aviv Guide to Donuts…
2. The Modern Day Chanukah Miracle
We saw this post in the group and loved it – thanks Nadav for sharing!
3. Chabad on the Coast are lighting up Tel Aviv!
Chabad on the Coast are going all out this holidays with Chanukah events… check out Light up Tel Aviv on Sunday night and Urban Night with the awesome Portnoy brothers on Wednesday.
– First Night of Chanukah (Sunday night): Light Up Tel Aviv – celebrate the first night of Chanuka with friends and family at Gan Hatzmaut. Starring live music, donuts, crafts for kids and more.
– Fourth Night of Chanukah (Wednesday night): Chabad on the Coast presents Urban Lights with live performance from The Portnoy Brothers @ Alexander Hotel – Mingle over cocktails, enjoy the stunning seaside view, experience incredible music by the Portnoy Brothers, and watch a menorah lighting!
4. Latkes and Vodka!
What’s better than vodka or latkes? Vodka AND Latkes! Knock back a few vodkas and then sober up a little with some delicious fried latkes (but remember, eating is cheating!). Moishe House and Nefesh BNefesh are teaming up to celebrate the second night of Chanukah (Monday)– with delicious latkes and vodka. Open to all between the ages of 20-35.
5. Even Yoda celebrates Chanukah! May the force be with you!
Check out this video from Masa! If you are a Masa participant past or present share your Israel story using the hashtag #BeTheLight.
6. EatWith Chanukah Pop-up (6/12 to 14/12)
We love this idea! The EatWith Hosts of Tel Aviv and Haifa are creating a series of delicious pop-up events to celebrate Chanukah. Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to attend some of the most talked about and tasty events in the city, featuring dishes that cannot be found in a restaurant.
7. There ain’t no party like a Chanukah Party!
Get ready for a large Chanukah Party at Ismi Salma on Tuesday night (3rd night of Chanukah) – expect a largely Israeli crowd and lots of sufganiyot!
8. We are leaving the final word to Adam Sandler…
Happy Chanukah Everyone from everyone at Secret Tel Aviv HQ!
Looking for more ideas?
*** SIGN UP TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER HERE ***