Last updated May 19th 2017
*** SIGN UP TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER HERE ***
Succot is a Festival Time in Israel. Starting on Sunday 27th September, Succot lasts for seven days. Monday is a chag, people are not expected to work although non-kosher restaurants and bars will be open like a standard shabbat. Similary the last day (Sunday night/ Monday day) is Shemini Atzeret and Simchat Torah combined, another chag where people aren’t expected to work (the last of 2015).
During Succot it is a mitzvah to eat and sleep under a Succah. There are communal dinners at the Tel Aviv International Synagogue and White City Shabbat on Sunday night. If you want to buy Succot gear check out the Four Spices Market at Kikar Rabin.
If partying is more your thing, there are loads of festivals going on throughout the week. There are also loads of other great events going on all week.
Getting Ready for Sukkot – The Four Spices Fair:
* Get ready for Succot with the Four Spices Fair @ Kikar Rabin – get everything you need from Sukkot in this three day fair…
- Friday 25/9 – 8am-3pm
- Saturday 26/9 – 10pm-11.30pm
- Sunday 27/9 – 8am-3pm
Communal Succot Dinners:
* Sunday 27/9 – SOLD OUT: The Tel Aviv International Synagogue are hosting a Festive Succot Community Dinner – tickets are 125 NIS.
* Sunday 27/9 – White City Sukkot @ Ichud Olam 86 – Communal Sukkot Dinner under the Sukkah. Book your place for 95 NIS.
Succot Music Festivals:
* Monday 28/9 – Klika of Happiness Succot Festival – Daytime Party Followed by Afterparty @ At Secret Location by the Sea in Tel Aviv – Klika are celebrating the end of the summer season with 18 hours of psychedelic music, art and happiness. Tickets 100 NIS.
* Monday 28/9 to Friday 2/10 – Tamar Festival @ Massada – This year’s Tamar Festival has performances from some of Israel’s top singers – including The Idan Raichel Project, Ehud Banai Balkan Beat Box, The Angelcy, Asaf Avidan, Mosh Ben Ari, and lots more!
* Wednesday 30/9 to Saturday 3/10 – SOLD OUT: Zorba The Buddha Festival – This is a festival where all the edges meet- the great celebration of life, dancing, movement, music, deep yoga, the spirit of meditation and the silence of the desert.
* Saturday 3/10 – Monochrome Sukkot Wave @ Shonit Water Park (near Haifa) – party to some top DJs while enjoying all the joys of a water park! Tickets 120 NIS.
* Sunday 4/10 to Monday 5/10 – Neverland Music Festival in the North – 24 hours of Electronic Music. 280 NIS (earlybird 220 NIS).
* Tuesday 29/9 to Thursday 1/10 – Succot Vintage Fair @ The Greek Market in Jaffa – with clothes, bags, jewellery, art, toys and lots more!
* Wednesday 30/9 to Saturday 3/10 – T:Market @ 8 Dubnof Street (till October 3rd) – T:Market is back! Get your winter wardrobe stacked with new Tees from some of Israel’s best artists and designers.
* Wednesday 30/9 to Thursday 1/10 – Tel Aviv Wine Festival @ HaTachana – two day celebration of all the joys of wine – with most of Israel’s top wineries attending. Entry is 79 NIS (65 NIS early-bird tickets) which includes wine-tasting!
* Wednesday 30/9 – Succot Wine Wednesday @ The Nemal – An excuse to drink wine with friends (both old and soon-to-be) while raising money and awareness for important grassroots projects in Israel.
* Wednesday 30/9 to Saturday 3/10: Fresh Paint Children’s Edition – Israel’s largest arts fair is organizing a special family event during Succot, with art activities and workshops designed especially for kids.
Want to learn more about holidays in Israel? Check out our Holidays in Israel Guide!
Looking for more ideas?