Shalom Tel Aviv!
It’s another awesome seven days in Tel Aviv… club openings, the ‘This is Not an Ulpan’ open house, lots of cool workshops, TEDxJaffa, parties, the 10k Night Run, and loads of events for the TLV Shabbos Project… plus a whole lot more! Also, don’t forget the clocks go back on Sunday morning!
* Looking for live music? Check out Luna Abu Nassar (of System Ali fame), performing acoustically in Arabic and Hebrew from her debut album, supported by the awesome Ehud Banai @ Ozen Bar, tickets 60 NIS
* There are still a few tickets left for Canadian ‘Cirque Eloize’s’ show ‘Cirkopolis’, running at the Opera House until Saturday – “Extraordinary. There’s the circus, and then there’s Cirque Éloize. These guys are on a whole other level!” – New York Post
* Workshop Watch: Join the Tel Aviv Writer’s Salon to discuss visual story telling @ Café Arlozorov, 80 NIS
* Workshop Watch: The StageTLV is Tel Aviv’s premier English amateur dramatics group – today andFriday they have free ‘Tasters’ of their forthcoming workshops – today is ‘The Art of Movement’ and ‘Musical Theatre’
* The HaDap crew are back with another huge party at Bootleg – top DJs and an amazing crowd
* For those wanting to get f*cked up, the Block is holding its End of Summer Party – with top techno DJs – starts at 11.30pm
* The TEDxJaffa has been sold out for a while now – for those lucky enough to have tickets, have an intellectually simulating time, the rest of us are jealous!
* Workshop Watch: Looking for something new to do on a Thursday evening? Been staring at that drawing kit you don’t use anymore? Don’t want to drink wine alone? Join us for HaStudia’s monthly live nude figure drawing class – tickets 110 NIS on the door
* The Summer is almost over, and to make space Bicicletta are doing a yard sale – second hand furniture and clothes, plus live DJ, alcohol and their usual delicious food
* Workshop Watch: The StageTLV is Tel Aviv’s premier English amateur dramatics group – Friday’stasters are ‘Acting 101’ and ‘Improv Level 2’
* Kick off the ‘Shabbos Project’ in style with a beautiful Carlebach Kabbalat Shabbat on Frishman Beach organised by the Tel Aviv International Synagogue (TAIS), followed by Champagne Reception
* On the same beach, the Unity Kabbalat Shabbat are holding their own Unity Kabbalat Shabbat – here’s to hoping there will be a good ruach competition with TAIS
* TAIS are hosting a community Shabbat dinner to celebrate the ‘Shabbos Project’ – there are still a few tickets left
* White City Shabbat are hosting their own community Shabbat Dinner at the Goren Shul
* Party time!! The Block and Teder are teaming up for a Unity Barbecue at Teder – top DJs and tasty food throughout the day
* Who said Jews can’t play Rugby? Israel take on Switzerland in a European Rugby Championship qualifier at Wingate, Netanya
* Want to play some sport and meet some cool new people #1? Kickball is back at Park Hayarkon, no experience necessary
* Want to play some sport and meet some cool new people #2? Come and join the Tel Aviv Co-ed Soccer and Beer Club for their regular game at Charles Clore park – followed by El Classico
* Continuing the ‘Shabbos Project’, White City Shabbat have organised a Pot Luck Picnic Lunch at Independence Park
* Bring out the ‘Shabbos Project’ in style – The Great Synagogue on Allenby is hosting the closing ceremony – including mincha, and an hour after Shabbat a musical havdala and pizza party
* ‘This is Not an Ulpan’ (TINAU) is back with their new semester – TINAU is an awesome initiative to get people learning Hebrew in a non-formal classroom setting, we highly recommend giving it a try – come check out their Open House to find out about courses
* The Indian Cultural Centre are hosting an evening of Indian dance and tali (vegetarian curry) in Jaffa – tickets are 85 NIS
* Looking for a cool party on Saturday night? Check out Paradise Pasaz – a Tribute to NY’s Iconic Club Paradise with performances by Glenn Holmes, Ronen Guttman, and Funk Sinatra @ Pasaz
* How about some Latino Music? For two nights (Saturday and Sunday) the Enav Theatre will host the‘Classical Latino Festival’ – two nights dedicated to music from Argentina and Mexico
SUNDAY – DON’T FORGET THE CLOCKS GO BACK 1 HOUR AT 2AM – WOOHOO FOR AN EXTRA HOURS SLEEP!
Rest of the Week:
* Tuesday – Good luck to all the runners participating in this year’s Tel Aviv Night Run (and for everyone else, remember roads will be closed throughout the day)
* Tuesday – Celebrate the opening of Tel Aviv’s newest club Magdalena – two floors of top Israeli DJs (house music and hip-hop), extravagant renaissance decoration, and lots of beautiful people – email@example.com for VIP tables
* Tuesday – The Tel Aviv Arts Council and the Israeli Cinema Series presents ‘The Go-Go Boys’ – a brand new documentary that just premiered at the Cannes Film Festival – the film will be followed by a Q&A with writer, director and co-producter Hilla Medalia