Shalom Tel Aviv! What a week! Docaviv, Lag Ba’Omer parties, Tel Aviv Innovation Week, all the major summer clubs opening parties, the Tel Aviv Tango Festival, Dress Code clothes fair, plus lots lots more!
Plus, the Secret Tel Aviv Jobs Board keeps on getting bigger and better. We have over 30 new jobs this week, including three positions at the awesome Yotpo, a pre-school teacher role at Young Sprouts, and a cool role at Ynetnews.
*** SIGN UP TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER HERE ***
– Garage Geeks meet Deutsche Telekom CEO – after a little break, Garage Geeks return for a chat with Tim Hottges @ Beit Hatfutsot, TAU. This is a great place to do hi-tech networking.
– Tel Aviv Tango Festival (6-10/5) – a new festival on the Tel Aviv calendar, with workshops from top international dancers and some cool performances. Tickets for each workshop start at 120 NIS.
– Franco Italian Job Lag Ba’Omer BBQ – celebrate lag ba’omer with a barbecue in Park Hayarkon. Bring your own meat.
– Arab Spring @ Dizzy – learn more about the Arab Spring by an expert on the topic (in Hebrew).
Wow! With so much going on tonight I don’t know where to begin…
– Huge Lag Ba’Omer Beach Party – top DJs, food stands, alcohol, hookas, and of course a huge bonfire! @ Hof HaTzook (just north of Sde Dov Airport), tickets 50 NIS, must be bought in advance.
– Docaviv (7-16/5) – Tel Aviv’s amazing international documentary film festival begins today – this year with over 100 films and 200 screenings. Tonight two of this year’s international favourites show at Cinemateque – ‘B-Movie: Lust and Sounds in West Berlin, 1979-1989’ and ‘Heaven Adores You’.
– Patio Bar’s Third Birthday Party @ HaOman 17 – with top DJs and awesome people.
– Valium Rooftop – The Grand Opening! – you know that summer has officially started when the summer clubs open their rooftops… first up this year is Valium!
– Dream Koala Live @ Pasaz – he’s only 20, but French Brazilian Yndi Ferreira is taking the electronic music scene by storm – check out a cool Vogue interview here.
– Dress Code Summer 2015 (7-9/5) – do you need some new clothes for all these parties?! Dress Code’s Israeli Designers Fashion Fair is back with over 50 designers!
– Lag Ba’Omer Free Museum Day – over 70 museums across Israel are opening their doors for free for the day, including most of Tel Aviv’s big ones.
– 7×7 Rothschild Bar Talks, part of Tel Aviv Innovation Week (7-10/5) -7 bars, 7 topics, 7 start-up communities.
As well as Docaviv, Dress Code, Tel Aviv Innovation Week, and the Tel Aviv Tango Festival (!!!), there are also loads more cool things going on this weekend…
– Straight Friendly Day Party – join the Queer Midburn Camp for a huge party @ Kuli Alma… Drink and dance the day away with LGBTQueers who embrace your penchant for the opposite sex! I mean, as long as you don’t try to turn us str8 or nothin’.
– Vegan Clothes Fair – check out leather-free shoes and bags by top vegan designers @ Hamashbir 22.
– Second Hand Camping Equipment Fair – get yourself ready for a summer full of camping with a huge second hand fair @ Edith Wolfson Park, Ramat Gan.
– The Rise of ISIS – top Israeli journalist Itay Angel talks about the rise of ISIS @ Ozen Bar (in Hebrew).
– Charity Party at Shalvata – to raise money for victims of sexual violence. Tickets are 300 NIS, including free food, drinks, and great live music.
– The Whale Project – the Midburn crew are partying around their huge art installation. With DJs, workshops, bodypaint and a give and take market. 30 NIS.
– Gordon Bennett’s 7th Birthday – come and join the daytime celebration.
– Kabbalat Shabbat and vegan dinner @ Pele – vegan food, singing, hugs and surprises. Recommended contribution 50 NIS.
– Carlebach Kabbalat Shabbat – Join hundreds of
– Eboded Open Air Party @ HaOman 17 – the awesome E-Boded are back with another afternoon lineup of top DJs. Entry 50 NIS.
– Deli Lakers: Open Air Party by the Late @ Park Darom – the Deli crew are back with another awesome daytime party, with top DJs, live music, and a surf competition!
– Shalvata Opening Party – another summer institution is opening its doors for the summer. This time it’s the Nemal’s finest, Shalvata!
– African Beats Day @ Suzanne Delal – with live performances and enchanting music – beautiful instruments from all over the world are on the stage – tickets start at 40 NIS.
– Clothes and Drinks – clothing sale, with fashion, music and drinks @ Allenby 45
– Sunday to Wednesday – Docaviv in the Nemal – with free screenings under the stars, each night has a different documentary about music, accompanied by live DJs – not to be missed!
– Sunday – TAU Innovation Conference 2015 – the grand finale of Innovation Week, including a fair of 60 startups and a competiton to find the “Best of the Best” @ Tel Aviv University.
– Monday – Clara – The Grand Summer Opening! – Tel Aviv’s most famous summer club opens its doors to the public!
– Tuesday to Wednesday – Docaviv at Bar Kaymar – with free screenings about sustainable issues.
– Tuesday – Think and Drink Different’s Science Day, with talks in bars throughout the city (in Hebrew) – check their Facebook page to see all the events.
– Thursday to Friday – a reminder that the inspiring Limmud has its first conference in Tel Aviv next week – get your tickets now before they sell out!
*** SIGN UP TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER HERE ***