Shalom Tel Aviv! We have an international theme running through this week’s newsletter… tonight the Italians host a Pecha Kucha inspired event, on Thursday there’s a Brazilian Forro party and aJamaican dancehall singer, on Saturday there is a specialJapanese festival and another Brazilian party, from Monday to Friday next week the English National Theatre launch their new show, on Tuesday join the French Institut for a Bastille Day Celebration, and also Tuesday French American band Coco Rosie perform at the Barby! Not to be outperformed, the Israelis also have some awesome events… Teder are back, there are two huge beach parties, a huge funk party at Bootleg on Thursday, Shenkar’s end of year exhibition, plus lots lots more!
Also, check out our latest idea to bring Israeli culture to Internationals… Secret Tel Aviv TV! This week we interviewedIsraeli Psych Rockers Ouzo Bazooka! Enjoy!
For tourists we have new sections about Attractions and Booking Accommodation in Israel. For us locals, the Jobs board has some awesome new jobs and we continue our Bank Hapoalim Partnership.
*** SIGN UP TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER HERE ***
– Aperi Kucha – inspired by the Japanese Petcha Kucha, made in Italy, and spoken in English – come and here nine top Italian (and a couple of Israeli) speakers talk for 6 minutes 40 seconds each about their passions @ Heisenberg Bar, Mazeh 49.
– Garden City Movement New Album Launch Party @ The Block – come and join this top Israeli electronic indie-pop band celebrate the launch of their ‘Modern West’ EP! 80 NIS.
– Comedy Night: Explore Israeli History Through Its Comedy @ Moishe House Tel Aviv – enjoy the comical musings of Benji Lovitt, and explore the complex history of the region with a funny twist!
– Minshar Graduate Exhibition – Minshar is one of Israel’s leading Art Schools – come and check out the new generation of artists and photographers in their Graduate Exhibition
There’s so much cool stuff going on tonight, I don’t know where to begin…
– Teder Season 6 – this year Teder have taken it to the next level – instead of one location, their little broadcasting van is going to pop up in six different locations around town and park-up for ten days in each place… starting tonight at Hamelacha 8 (near the Maariv Bridge) – for their launch they have live music by top bands (see their website for English).
– Brazilian Forro Festival @ The Zone – continuing the international theme, Forro music is the traditional joyful music from Brazil that will make you dance together all night. 60 NIS.
– POPCAAN @ The Barby – Straight from Jamaica, the hottest dancehall singer in the world right now. 150 NIS.
– Bring Back the Funk @ Bootleg – A Soul Thing invites you to a magical night filled with groove with 6 amazing local DJs on 2 dance floors! 50 NIS.
– Karaoke Decompression @ Chof HaTzuk – the Lindy Camp Midburners are back for a huge communal karaoke. Bring your tent if you want to continue throughout the night.
After last night’s festivities, settle back for a chilled Friday…
– Michael Greilsammer plays a relaxing set @ HaBar Kayma. Free.
– Exchange Market 13 @ Kuli Alma – come and exchange things you no longer use for things that you need.
– OneDay TLV – the OneDay crew are back, this week sorting out old clothes in donation warehouses – be the change that you want to see in the world! Note, this event is in Netanya.
– Musical Day @ Nemal Yafo – kicking off with Fancy Schemdrik playing groove, jazz, funk and Balkan music, followed by a solo acoustic show by Maor Cohen, and closing with a Kabbalat Shabbat service at Beit Daniel. Plus art and craft stands, a BBQ, and more. Free entry.
– Fashion Sale @ Spicehaus – with second hand designer clothes, food and cocktails.
Alternatively carry on partying…
– Back to the 90s Booze Cruise from Jaffa Port – four hours of sailing with amazing people, great music, sun and beer, organized by the Duplex Club. 155 NIS for all you can drink.
– Kabbalat Shabbat @ Basel Square – with Jewish music and inspirational talks.
– Kabbalat Shabbat @ the Nemal – bring in Shabbat overlooking the sea.
– Carlebach Kabbalat Shabbat – Join hundreds of Olim and Israelis at the Tel Aviv International Synagogue.
– Japanese Festival @ Kikar Kedumim Jaffa – hosted by the Japanese Embassy, starting in the morning with workshops in flower arranging, calligraphy, and origami, and finishing in the evening with traditional Japanese dance and martial arts performances. Plus anime and Japanese board games.
– Kliki of Happiness 3 – Huge trance beach party, with top DJs from Japan and Australia. 50-100 NIS.
– Teder Season 6 BBQ – the Teder party continues with a daytime BBQ and some cool live music @ Hamelacha 8 (near the Maariv Bridge) –
– Brazilian Samba after the Beach – Party @ Patio – 85 NIS for bottomless caipirinhas!
– Tziporela’s 10 Year Birthday Show @ Tel Aviv Opera House – come and join Israel’s top independent theatre group celebrate with a night of special comedy sketches (in Hebrew). Prices vary.
– Overstay TLV Hostel’s Two-Year Birthday Party – DJ Itamar will be on the decks, the pool will be ready, and the BBQ smoking!
– Talk on the Israeli rock revolution – Think and Drink Different return with this talk (in Hebrew) @ Mash Central.
– Sunday – Shenkar Final Projects Exhibition @ check out Israel’s leading new artists and designers.
– Sunday – The Great Machine @ BuXa – check out this up-and-coming Israeli stoner/ psychedelic band.
– Sunday – Eagles of Death Metal @ Barby – American rock band bring their top tunes to Israel! 180 NIS.
– Monday-Friday – The English National Theatre Presents: You Won’t Succeed on Broadway if You Don’t Have Any Jews! @ The Tel Aviv Museum of Art – a celebration of over 80 years of Broadway’s greatest Jewish success stories… direct from London’s West End! 185-235 NIS.
– Monday – CocoRosie @ Barby – American French sisters bring their European tour to Tel Aviv for a huge show at the Barby. 179 NIS.
– Tuesday – Talk on the origins of the Game of Thrones (in Hebrew) by top film critic Doron Fischler @ Ozen Bar. 30 NIS.
– Tuesday – Bastille Day @ French Institute – hosted by the French embassy, expect live music, alcohol… and of course French sophisitication!
– Tuesday – Young Friends of the Arts Presents: The Three Penny Opera @ The Cameri Theatre – followed by a talk by the speaker and a cocktail reception. 135-175 NIS.
*** SIGN UP TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER HERE ***