Shalom Tel Aviv! Behold! There is so much cool stuff going on on Thursday that for the first time we have had to split the events into Parties and Culture – Enjoy! Plus as usual there is a ton of cool stuff going on throughout the week!
*** SIGN UP TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER HERE ***
– Exhibition opening: ‘The Sound of Tel Aviv’ – awesome photographer and Secret Tel Aviv member Mario Troiani (‘Italian in Tel Aviv’) presents his latest works on the sounds and sensations of Tel Aviv.
– ‘Internet of Things’ @ CCA – as the world becomes more and more digitized, how will it affect the physical world around us? The beautiful CCA Gallery hosts some top thought leaders to answer this (in Hebrew).
– Rock in the Port – free rock concert in the Nemal with Idan Rafael Haviv and Yuval Dayan (from The Voice 2012).
– Party @ Tachat – A night of hip-hop and cheap drinks.
– Public Hearing about Israel’s Gas Reserves – starts at 2pm, come to learn more about the government’s plans for our natural gas reserves (in Hebrew).
There was so much going on tonight, we thought we would try something different… if you want CULTURE carry on reading, if you want PARTIES skip the next few lines to find out about Thursday’s biggest parties…
– La Culture x Kuli Alma (until Saturday) – Kuli Alma team up with La Culture for a top event – for three days 65 local artists will exhibit and sell their work – everything is under 500 NIS, and all the money goes to the artists. Also, expect food, drink, and music!
– Bascula Opening Night – We are super excited about the opening of this new performing arts center. Expect circus, dance, theater, music, and surprises. (See Secret Tel Aviv review) Tickets 150-250 NIS.
– Shenkar Final Exhibitions – not one, not two, but three exhibitions this week from Israel’s top art-school – check out exhibitions from the Fashion School (until Friday), the Design School (until July 31) and the Multidisciplinary School (until July 31)
– OneDay Volunteering with the Blind – Thursday morning – meet cool new people and do some social good at a blind centre.
– Bold:TLV on Refugees – each month these guys present a new theme and invite three inspiring speakers to present their work and ideas on a topic. This month, the discussion will be about refugees (in English).
– Roni Kantor 5th birthday party (until Saturday) – Come celebrate the 5th birthday of this vintage clothing store! There will be prizes and other fun surprises!
– A-WA @ The Barby – an incredible combination of Yeminite vocals and hip-hop beats – Habib Galbi took Israel by storm, now they perform some new material @ The Barby. Support from Riff Cohen and Yemen Blues. (sold out, obviously!)
– Teder Season 6 Continues – more of a cool spot than a cool event – hang out with the hipsters for a few more days at Teder’s temporary home.
– Two large Argentinean themed parties – Clara host Israeli-Argentinean DJ Ezequiel Pantol; and later in the evening Cat and Dog host the much more famous Hernan Cattaneo (70 NIS). For tables at either of these places click here.
– Move Ya Bomboklaat @ Pasaz – get ready for some top Jungle Raga Dancehall tunes. 40 NIS.
– Com4Trance @ Comfort 13 – epic trance party featuring some top international DJs! 80 NIS.
– Ame and Robert Hood @ The Block – last but not least, the Block host another huge electronic party. 70 NIS.
– For more ideas, check out Secret Tel Aviv’s Guide to the Best Bar and Clubs in Tel Aviv: From Pregame to Late Nite. We can alsobook tables for you at most top clubs.
– Paleo Meat Market – Check out the opening of this proper meat market – expect a huge variety of fresh meats cooked in many different ways.
– Beer Bazar new beer party – This brewery is launching their new beer: the Americana! Come test their new product and have a great time while doing it!
– OneDay TLV – Volunteer to help paint and refurbish the home of a family that struggles with mental disabilities.
– Kabbat Shabbat at Pele – What better way to kick off Shabbat than a sacred singing circle? Bring your own instrument if you want, or just relax and enjoy the good vibes! Followed by vegan dinner.
– Carlebach Kabbalat Shabbat – Join hundreds of Olim and Israelis at the Tel Aviv International Synagogue.
– Teder Closing Party – Get ready for 12 hours of non-stop music from around the world, culminating in a live show by Tigris. See you again in a few weeks in another location! Check out their website.
– Secret Garden Party – Come party at the most beautiful garden in town with Tel Aviv’s most sophisticated crowd. This is not a party for the short of cash.
– Colombian Independence Day Party @ Viva la Revolucion! Celebratory party and meal @ MiRancho in Jaffa.
– Quarter to Africa @ Container – cool Israeli band combine jazz with some African beats in a typically Israeli style.
– Casa Varanda First Birthday Party – Celebrate the one-year anniversary of this cute bar near the beach!
– Sunday to Thursday – Docaviv Summer Screenings @ Sarona – check out some of the top docs from this year, with free outdoor shows in the evening at Sarona. Every night at 9pm.
– Starts on Sunday throughout the summer – the Nemal is hosting its annual water show, expect lights, colours, and fountains! Free shows throughout the evening.
– Sunday – The Brain as a Machine and How to Create Change – interesting lecture on the human brain, given by Dr. Keren Ben Itzhak @ Kuli Alma (in Hebrew).
– Monday – Toro y Moi @ Barby – Check out this awesome American indie soul artist as he stops in Israel for his world tour! 132 NIS.
– Monday – Latin Night @ Honey Beach – start of a new summer Monday line… come ready to dance! 20 NIS.
– Tuesday – Danielle Spector @ The Barby – one of Israel’s most loved up-and-coming musicians.
*** SIGN UP TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER HERE ***