Shalom Tel Aviv!
Work hard… play hard… pray hard… we love this city!
Highlights for the week include:
* Yom Kippur cycling and services throughout Tel Aviv
* Hastudia’s craft fair at Teder tonight
* MidBurn Decompression tomorrow night (in Hadera)
* The Succot Fair at Kikar Rabin on Monday and Tuesday
* TelAvivian’s pop-up fashion store next Tuesday
Also, scroll down to the bottom for details of upcoming festivals in Israel!
Gmar Chatima Tova LeKoulam!
Secret Tel Aviv
* Two of Tel Aviv’s most innovative forces are combining tonight for a special one-off event – Teder will be hosting HaStudia for a special craft workshop! Drink and build shit people!
* Tune in to the sweet sound of Jazz with two of Israel’s top blues-rock musicians performing at Shablul
* “Always look on the bright side of life” – The Tel Aviv Council are screening the classic Monty Python film ‘The Meaning of Life’ outdoors at Independence Park
* The Nemal are hosting a special slichot concert, performed by the Ashdod Orchestra
* Celebrate another art studio opening in trendy South Tel Aviv with jazz and lots of alcohol
* For the adventurous, a trip to the Kotel in Jerusalem the night before Yom Kippur is a really special event – slichot starts at 12.15am (Friday morning), attended by Chief Rabbis of Israel – Chief Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef and Rabbi David Lau – and the Rabbi of the Western Wall Rabbi Rabinowitz
* For those wanting to be part of a special slichot closer to home, there are both Ashenazi and Safardi events in Tel Aviv
* This is Tel Aviv, and the party must go on! Bars across Tel Aviv are hosting Last Sin parties, one of the larger ones is an 80s party at the Q-Hotel on HaArbaa
* There is also a large party at Haoman 17
* Fresh from Burning Man, the MidBurn crew have organized a Decompression Party in Hadera
* Looking for some cool live music? Old Man River is Ohad Rein’s eclectic and international musical project – performing at Levontin 7
* Group Exhibition Opening – Pupa – five artists strut their stuff, with music and alcohol
Friday and Saturday (Yom Kippur):
* Get your bicycles ready for Tel Aviv’s most beautiful day! If you are looking for synagogues check out theSecret Tel Aviv guide to Olim Friendly Synagogues
Rest of the week:
* Sunday 5/10 – Gilda Bar is hosting a philosophy night, with Dr Liat Ben David talking about Descartes (in Hebrew)
* Monday and Tuesday 6-7/10 – Kikar Rabin hosts its annual Succot Fair – head down there for your lulavs and etrogs!
* Monday 6/10 – Tel Aviv University is holding a career day (in Hebrew)
* Tuesday 7/10 – The awesome Telavivan – you can see their articles in the Secret Tel Aviv Magazine – is organizing a pop-up shop at the ArtSpace TLV Gallery with five top womenswear and accessories designers
* Tuesday 7/10 – Are you interested in hi-tech and communities? The Elevation Academy has organized an UnConference at the Google Campus exploring the power of communities
This time of the year is traditionally festival season in Israel… here are some of the best:
* 10-11/10 – Neverland Music Festival – a 24 hour Electronic Music Experience – (220 NIS)
* 15-18/10 – Zorba Music Festival – A carnival embracing spirituality, special acquaintances and intriguing people, all happening in the outstanding wilderness of the desert (399 NIS)
* 23-25/10 – InDNegev Music Festival – a three-day music festival in the Negev featuring loads of Israeli bands (300 NIS)
* 23-24/10 – The Minus 424 Dead Sea Rave starring Paul Oakenfeld (254 NIS)
Secret Tel Aviv’s Services:
* The Secret Tel Aviv Magazine – We’ve put all our favourite blogs in one magazine – find out about Art from OhSoArty and cool events from DIY Tel Aviv
* Secret Tel Aviv Dating – Are you looking for a date? Secret Tel Aviv Dating is a new service to help you find your soulmate. Let our matchmakers work their magic
* Secret Tel Aviv Tickets – Get tickets to Tel Aviv’s hottest shows – concerts, tours, and lots more… be the first to know and find info in English
* Secret Tel Aviv Jobs – Your perfect job is out there – we will explain the job market to you, help you prepare your resume, and send you to the right companies
* Secret Tel Aviv Sublets – We have over 750 apartments on our books, with prices starting as low as $100 / night. Check out the ‘Name your own Price’ function and landlords will bid for your business
* As the summer winds down, we can now offer you tables at Tel Aviv’s two top clubs – CLARA and VALIUM… for more send us an to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Thanks to Tel Aviv Urban Photographs for the awesome cover photo