Last updated April 20th 2016
This post is dedicated to the awesome events going on in Tel Aviv during Pesach 2016…
For more information about Pesach, the traditions, and synagogues, check our full Pesach Post.
*** SIGN UP TO OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER HERE ***
SEDERS – FRIDAY 22ND APRIL
– Friday 22nd April – The Tel Aviv Community Passover Seder with Rabbi Ariel Konstantyn @ TAIS (Frishman 23) (SOLD OUT) – Calling all freed Israelites! Don’t Pass Over this Seder!!! Meet amazing new people from around the world and enjoy a scrumptious and elegant catered dinner! Experience the Ultimate Pesach Seder with Rabbi Ariel Konstantyn & The Tel Aviv International Synagogue family filled with song, study and spirit. Tickets 240 NIS for members, 270 NIS for non-members. Absolute Deadline: Sunday, April 17!
– Friday 22nd April – The Tel Aviv Seder with Chabad on the Coast @ Hangar 11, Tel Aviv Port – Experience history come alive this Passover and join fellow Tel Avivians coming from across the globe for an inspirational Seder like never before. Event Highlights include an Interactive and Inspiring Seder, Gourmet Dinner, English and Hebrew Haggadas, Premium Wine, Hand Baked Matza, and people from all over the world. Tickets 160 NIS, Lone Soldier eat FREE. Prepaid reservations only! No door tickets.
– Friday 22nd April – White City Shabbat Seder 2016 @ 126 Ben Yehuda – White City SEDER with Catered Kosher Food, Golan Heights Wine & NO Chametz. For 20’s & 30’s Young Professional Tel Aviv Internationals, Lone Soldiers, & Sabras. Tickets 150 NIS, lone soldiers eat FREE.
– Friday 22nd April – LGBT’s Annual Pesach Seder @ the LGBT Centre in Gan Meir – aimed at members of the community that cannot or do not wish to celebrate with their families. It is free of charge for participants and is funded and organized with donations. There are usually 150 people attending, lots of music, fun and a very special atmosphere!
– Friday 22nd April – Abraham Hostel Seder – Celebrate Passover with travelers from around the world and enjoy a delicous 3 course meal (suitable also for vegetarians) in a fun and social setting. Begins at 6pm with the Passover haggadah and traditional songs hosted by Avi Buskila. Please note: The Abraham Hostel does not have a kosher certificate, however we will not be serving Chametz. 128 NIS.
PARTIES AND EXHIBITIONS
– Tuesday 19/4 – Dancing Camel’s 10th Annual Pre-Pesach Keg Party!!! – Once a year, the Dancing Camel throws open its doors for a knock-down, drag-out keg party designed to get you through the 7 lean days of Passover. On this most special occasion, we bring you 16 Dancing Camels all under one roof. Entrance is 80 NIS for as much as you can drink!
– Sunday 24th April – “In the Middle” Exhibition by Holon Institute of Technology students @ HaTachana (until 30th April) – The Department of Design in HIT is bringing to you every year the best works of it’s students! We invite you to visit the exhibition, enjoy the amazing pieces and support our creation! The exhibition is free and also great for families and children.
– Monday 25th April – Geek Picnic @ Sacher Park in Jerusalem (till Wednesday 27th April) – the park is coming alive with imagination and inspiration. Festival Geek PicNic combines robotics, space, science, science fiction, futurism, 3D Printing, gadgets and cutting edge technology, all housed in Festival Park, a fantasy place with a myriad tents, attractions, stalls and workshops – a great day out for young people and families. Tickets 144 NIS.
– Wednesday 27th April – From Slaves to Kings Pesach Party – After 40 years of walking around in the desert we deserve a party. Of course we couldn’t leave out the Dutch that celebrate Kings day on 27th of April, so get prepared for the biggest party of the year “From Slaves to Kings”.
– Urban Festival @ Haoman 17 – from the creator of Clara, Solo, and lots of huge productions, we present to you the biggest rave this Pesach – with cool DJs and special decorations.
MIMOUNA PARTIES – 30th APRIL
– Saturday 30th April – Mimouna Afro Party @ Pasaz with live show by Hoodna Orchestra – a special now of cool beats from the super-talented 14-member band + in keeping with Mimouna traditions, save some space for delicious mofletot!
*** get a free chaser with every drink at Pasaz with the Secret Tel Aviv VIP Card***
– Saturday 30th April – Abraham Hostel Mimouna Party! Join us for post passover celebrations at the Abraham Hostel!
Ain’t no party Like a Mimouna Party! Dance to the groovy Moroccan fusion of Ensemble Zaaluk
and enjoy delicous mofletot! Master of the hafla – Dj Atar!
–Saturday 30th April – Tepale’s Mimouna Party – one of last year’s largest Mimouna parties is back – huge balcony, cool tunes, delicious mufletot, and 3 large bars! 50 NIS.
– Saturday 30th April – MIDBURN PARTY – Midburn Bar Barad Camp Party @Hoodna Bar – ‘Come as you Are’ – come to raise a little money to fund the camp, and more importantly just to meet with members of the Midburn Community in a good atmosphere, and enjoy the warm afternoon sun. The camp will open stalls of second-hand clothes, delicious food yoga class, and other surprises symbolic prices. 30 NIS.
–Saturday 30th April – MIDBURN PARTY – Mimouna Afternoon Party @ Lilenblum 23 – a special party from the Lemon Tree Camp – with an electrifying atmosphere and delicious mofletot, and of course Lemonade. 30 NIS.
- Saturday 30th April – Daylight Mimouna Party @ Ismi Salma – hosted by Tangier Bar – the windows will be open, the smell of mufleta will sweeten the air, moroccon costumes will delight the eyes, and beautiful Middle Eastern Music will inspire the ears.
– Saturday 30th April – Tor HaZahav Mimouna Party – Tor HaZahav is a social movement promoting peace and respect for social values, amongst ourselves and our neighbours – they are hosting a Mimouna party in South Tel Aviv, complete with delicious mofletot.
– Tuesday 26th April – Zorba the Buddha Spring Festival @ the Desert Ashram in the Negev (till April 30th) – Israel’s largest hippy festival, The Zorba Festival happens twice a year at the Desert Ashram in the Negev, in Spring and at Succot. Founded in 2003, the 5-day festival is a sensual meeting between Spirituality, Dance, Meditation and Music. Tickets 479 NIS.
– Thursday 28th April – Doof Festival 2016! @ Kinneret, North Israel (till April 30th) – The Summer Begins Here! Doof is one of Israel’s largest trance music labels. Every year, on the shore of the beautiful Kinneret, they host over 50 top Israeli and Internationals DJs for a non-stop 72-hour music festival. Bring your tent, be prepared to a little rain (2015 was famous for the mud-madness), and get ready to party with beautiful psychedelic people from all over Israel and the world! Tickets from 320 NIS.
*** For more Israeli festivals, check the ‘Secret Tel Aviv Camping Festivals Guide – Party All Year Long’ ***
– Friday 15th April – Pesach Give and Take Market celebrates 10 years @ Wolfson Park – bring your old stuff and take what you need. Also bring any food donations for families in need.
– Friday 15th April – Vintage Store Flashback are opening a new floor – the outlet store will have all of Flashback’s cool vintage clothes at even cheaper prices! Perfect for hipsters and Purim!
– Friday 15th April – Maya Johanna Crazy Second Hand Vintage Sale @ Schoken 15 – loads of beautiful second-hand clothes available for great prices!
– Sunday 16th April – Belle and Sue Sample Sale (till April 22nd) – thousands of items from Sweden’s coolest brand at discounted prices.
– Thursday 28th April – T-Market @ Meirhoff Gallery, Dubnov 8 (till April 30th) – Replenish your wardrobes at Tel Aviv’s largest Fashion and Accessories Fair – Twice a year T:Market gathers Israel’s best local designers alongside hip and cool imported brands of street wear in one colorful event. Over 50 brands and fashion stores will unveil their 2016 summer collections, with special low prices especially for the event.
– Friday 29th April – Tel Aviv Spring Craft Fair @ Brown TLV Hotel – featuring Israeli designers, artists and makers from the areas of fashion, design, art, food , beverage, beauty and life style. The event will be half indoors and half outdoors in the entrance floor of Brown Hotel Tel Aviv, featuring food, drinks and a live DJ at the outdoor area.
– Friday 15th April – Yooletta Paper Boutique celebrates 4 years – Yooletta is a great place for greetings cards, wrapping paper, notebooks, calendars and lots more!
– Tuesday 19th April – The Green Brothers Book Store Pesach Sale (till 22/4) – looking for gifts for Pesach? Green Brothers in Kikar Rabin are selling thousands of books for only 10 NIS, plus discounts on loads of stuff across the store.
– Friday 15th April – Hot Record Market @ BPM College – with loads of vinyl for sale at discounted prices, live DJ sets, and Maccabi giving out free beers!
– Friday 15th April – Beatnik Record Store Day (till Saturday 16/4) – thousands of records at half price!
– Friday 15th April – Record Sale @ Abuerbach Records – live music and discounted vinyl.
– Saturday 16th April – Huge Record Day @ Pasaz – wow! Not only is there going to be loads of cool records to buy, but there will also be live performances from Sun Tailor, the Orions, and more!
*** get a free chaser with every drink at Pasaz with the Secret Tel Aviv VIP Card***
– Saturday 16th April – The Third Ear Record Store Day – discounts on vinyl and equipment, plus live music.
– Saturday 16th April – B-Side Record Day @ B-Side Records – with very attractive discounts and cool DJ sets.
– Sunday 24th April – OneDay Social Volunteering Special Pesach Event in Tel Aviv – do something good and meet great people at this unique event for Passover with children with special needs. As part of the volunteer event we will bake matzot with the children, talk, laugh, get to know each other and have an amazing time together celebrating Passover. Followed by a social event.
*** for more ideas for volunteering check out the ‘Secret Tel Aviv Volunteering Guide’ ***
CHAG PURIM SAMEACH FROM SECRET TEL AVIV!
Looking for more ideas?
Are you travelling around Israel? Secret Tel Aviv has lovingly compiled the following hotel guides: Best Hotels in Israel, Best Hotels in Tel Aviv, Best Hotels in Jerusalem, Best Hotels in the Dead Sea, Best Hotels in Eilat, Best Boutique Hotels in Israel, Best Boutique Hotels in Tel Aviv, Best Hostels in Israel, and Best Hostels in Tel Aviv.
Hotel bookings can be made through the Secret Tel Aviv website via our partnership with Booking.com, or through direct partnerships with hotels. We only work with good companies and always strive to get discounts for our community – you can see our official partners here.
Want to book some tours for your trip? With Secret Tel Aviv you can book tours withAbrahams Tours (5% discount**) and iBookIsrael. iBookIsrael are a bit more expensive but come with a knowledgeable tour guide and comfortable transport, forAbrahams Tours you get given loads of reading material and cool people to take on your adventure.
** to get 5% discount on Abraham Tours use the Secret Password ‘SECRETTLV’.
The New Tel Aviv to Ben Gurion Airport Shuttle…
Ben Gurion Airport to Tel Aviv (and back). On the hour. Every hour. $17/person.
Join the Community…
Do you want to know all the cool stuff going on while you are in Tel Aviv and around Israel? Every week we send out a cool newsletter ‘topSECRET’. From top events during the next week to the best new bars and shops, celebrate everything amazing about our beautiful city, by Secret Tel Aviv. To register for the newsletter click here. For Full Events Listings, check The Events Page on our website. Apply to join the Group on Facebook here.