Last updated August 5th 2014
Welcome to another awesome week in the White City! This week we have a Layla Levan special – Want to go to a club, a street party, or a cultural event? We have you covered! Also, as the World Cup reaches the final stages, check out some ideas to watch the games!
Also, a quick heads up – we are going to start doing Secret Tel Aviv cultural events where people with similar interests can meet and do something cool… to kick it off we have an amazing event with Tziporela Worldwide Theatre group on July 16th… we have negotiated discounted tickets for their show, plus a special free acting workshop for 45 minutes before the show – register quickly as we only have limited spaces – https://www.facebook.com/events/580326648755765/.
Also, scroll down to the bottom of this newsletter to get tickets for top concerts and festivals – new this week we have tickets for Lana Del Rey and the Isle of Dreams Techno Festival on the Kinneret – the lineup includes Avicii, Afrojack, Steve Aoki, Paul Oakenfeld, Pete Tong and lots lots more!
And as the summer heats up and the nightlife takes off, we can now offer you tables at Tel Aviv’s two top clubs – CLARA and VALIUM… if you would like a table send your requirements to email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) .
* Dinner en Blanc is coming to Tel Aviv! You still have a few minutes to register for the posh picnic – you bring your own food, table and chairs, and dress in white, and they find a cool location – https://telaviv.dinerenblanc.info/register
* The Israeli Culinary Cooking Workshops at Hatachana continue until tomorrow – cooking classes by some of Israel’s leading chefs (workshops cost money and require registration in advance, and in Hebrew) – https://www.facebook.com/events/1413081422310964/
* The Tel Aviv Pioneers American Football Team are having a rookie mini-camp to get a taste of Tel Aviv Pioneers football – https://www.facebook.com/events/296421803866118/
* Mississippi-born Blues singer Super Chikan is performing at the Barby – https://www.facebook.com/events/739283046113544/
* World Cup Fever! Good luck to the Swiss and the French for their last group games – Allez les Bleus! Hopp Schwiiz!
Thursday – LAYLA LEVAN!
* The Wineberg/ Bicicletta crew are celebrating Layla Levan and Wineberg’s 5th Birthday with a Caribbean Street Party – https://www.facebook.com/events/734351206606641/
* We have some insider information that there is going to be a cool party at Tel Aviv’s newest bar Casa Veranda on the corner of Rothschild and Allenby
* There is a huge street party at Bialick Square organised by the Teder and Force Majeure crews – https://www.facebook.com/events/664002337012437/
* Rothschild 12 are celebrating with a huge outdoor party in their backyard – https://www.facebook.com/events/665905826798615/
* Street party on Zvulun Street in Florentin, including a concert by the awesome Electric Zoo band – https://www.facebook.com/events/779408785432293/
* The Block have a huge international lineup with Roman Flugel headlining – https://www.facebook.com/events/779678105410410/
* Clara are hosting some top international DJs – https://www.facebook.com/events/419253974882076/
* Free show at the Barby! – https://www.facebook.com/events/260626774124685/
* The Barzilay/ Breakfast club present Juju and Jordash live – https://www.facebook.com/events/718165821573285/
* The Kuli Alma crew are hosting Galo and Plusga at Kuli Alma
* Kikar Rabin will be hosting a huge headphones party in cooperation with 102FM – bring your own headphones or borrow from there – https://www.facebook.com/events/1496718330557533/
* The Indian Embassy has organized a large communal Bollywood Dance Class at Habima – an opportunity to learn a few steps from your favourite Bollywood films – https://www.facebook.com/events/536091706501439/
* Also at Habima, awesome Israeli startup Dreame have organized a dream drawing session between 8pm and 10pm – come and have your dreams drawn for free by a dream artist – https://www.facebook.com/events/774989705866169/
* Indie Rock Night at Gan Hapisgah in Jaffa with some top Israeli Indie bands – https://www.facebook.com/events/253615901498042/
* The Anti-White Night ‘Black Night’ – a night of Music and Protest in South Tel Aviv – https://www.facebook.com/events/322733227879930/
* Fancy some Jazz? Check out Kikar Kedumim in Jaffa from 8.30pm to 10pm
* Fancy some folkdancing? Check out Suzanne Dellal from 7.30pm
* In true spirit of the White Night, fifty Bauhaus buildings on Rothschild will be lit up for the evening
* The French Institute are hosting some top French musicians at Rothschild 7 – https://www.facebook.com/events/734392486624688/
* The Israeli Opera House is hosting a special midnight performance – you can get tickets from their website – https://www.israel-opera.co.il/
* The Tel Aviv Museum of Art will be open all evening for only 25 NIS
* For more ideas check out the official Irya website – https://whitenight.whats-on.co.il/events/
Rest of the Week:
* Friday day – One Day Volunteering are back, this week helping people in need paint their apartments – sign up here – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/oneday-tel-aviv-presents-painting-apartments-tickets-11929345995
* Friday day – ‘DIY Tel Aviv’ Event of the Week (https://www.diytelavivguide.com/blog/) – Trifonas, the Greek musical sensation is playing a free afternoon gig at Shalvata in the Tel Aviv port from 16:00.
* Friday day – Keep fit and get a date – Singles Zumba Party at Studio Elizabeth – https://www.facebook.com/events/1467338253509054/
* Friday evening – Unity Kabbalat Shabbat – bring in Shabbat on the shores of the sea! – https://www.facebook.com/events/301429066672769/
* Friday evening – Join hundreds of Olim and Israelis this Friday and every Friday night at the Tel Aviv International Synagogue for their acclaimed Carlebach Kabbalat Shabbat – https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Tel-Aviv-International-Synagogue/213618035324488
* Saturday – World Cup Fever! Brazil are playing their Round of 16 match against Chile – Sambadabom have been organising awesome events – check out their Facebook group for details for this match – https://www.facebook.com/groups/15788488757/
* Saturday – Free Lindy Hop Class and Party in North Tel Aviv – https://www.facebook.com/events/326240944195887
* Sunday – World Cup Fever! This looks like it could be a cracking match – Mexico versus the Netherlands – watch with the crazy Dutch at their home ground the Kibbutz in the Nemal – https://www.facebook.com/events/577439215700718/; watch with the Mexicans at Mezcal in Florentin – https://www.facebook.com/MezcalTelAviv
* Sunday – Want to party to some Mizrachi music? Check out Israeli music night at the Patio – https://www.facebook.com/PatioTlv
* Monday – Are you interested in Social Media? Google are hosting a Mashable Social Media Day at the Google Campus – with great speakers – https://www.facebook.com/events/573066826141292/
* Tuesday – To celebrate Marijuana Day there will be a concert at Charles Clore Park – https://www.facebook.com/events/508585805843210/
* Word Cup Fever! Belgium versus either Germany, Ghana or the US – watch with the Belgiums at Bar Geyora – https://www.facebook.com/events/647322738694944/
* Tuesday – Art*Star Tuesdays has Tel Aviv’s favourite graffiti artist Ame72 presenting 20/20 Pop Stop – https://www.facebook.com/events/738150186226233/
Tickets for upcoming events:
* July 3rd – Top Israeli musician Idan Raichel at Gnei Yehoshua – tickets 84 NIS – https://bit.ly/idanraicheltlv
* Neil Young’s Alchemy Tour is coming to Israel on 17th July at Gnei Yehoshua – tickets start at 400 NIS – https://bit.ly/neilyoungtlv
* The Cirque de Soleil are performing Quidam at the Nokia Arena on 6th August to 21st August, tickets start at 235 NIS – https://bit.ly/cirquetlv
* Isle of Dreams Music Festival – 7-9 August at the Kinneret – top lineup including Avicii, Afrojack, Steve Aoki, Paul Oakenfeld, Pete Tong and lots lots more! There are three tiers of tickets: Regular (usually 695 NIS, limited time 595 NIS) – https://bit.ly/Tr3AUz ; VIP (1,005 NIS) – https://bit.ly/isleofdreams2; VVIP (1,405 NIS) – https://bit.ly/isleofdreams3
* Lana Del Rey is playing at Gnei HaTaroucha on 20th August – 405 NIS – https://bit.ly/lanadelreytlv
* As the summer heats up and the nightlife takes off, we can now offer you tables at Tel Aviv’s two top clubs – CLARA and VALIUM… if you would like a table send your requirements to email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) .
* Looking for accommodation when you visit Israel? Check out Secret Tel Aviv Sublets – we have over 1,000 vacation rental apartments in Tel Aviv at prices lower than AirBnB. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, use the ‘Name your Own Price’ Function and landlords will bid for your business – https://sublets.secrettelaviv.com
* To subscribe to the weekly newsletter simply complete this form (https://eepurl.com/Mrp11) or send us an email to email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Thanks to Tel Aviv Urban Photographs for the awesome cover photo – https://www.facebook.com/TelAvivUrbanPhotographs
* Check out the Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/secrettelaviv/