Last updated August 5th 2014
Shalom Tel Aviv!
Israel’s birthday may be over… but her birthday week has only just begun!
Highlights this week include the Secret Tel Aviv Summer Nights debut event ‘Brazil’ at the Patio, the awesome Docaviv, two OneDay Volunteering events, a rooftop singles vegetarian Shabbat dinner… and lots lots more!
Thanks to the DIY Tel Aviv blog (https://www.facebook.com/diytelaviv) for their tips, and Fe Melo for her awesome graphics !
* The Docaviv International Film Festival is back – fourteen new Israeli documentary films will compete for the title, over 8^th May to 17^th May in venues across Tel Aviv – for more info click here – http://www.docaviv.co.il/en/general/news/361
* A Funk & Soul night with DJ Bright Funk at Kayma Bar Florentine – free entry https://www.facebook.com/events/480362495397500/
* For all you dorks and dweebs, a new Board Games group are having their first event at Mash – meet up, hang out, drink, and play board games – https://www.facebook.com/events/634712403275591/ (this event is also included in Secret Tel Aviv’s blog post ‘Places to meet people’, a list of cool groups in Tel Aviv looking for new members – https://www.secrettelaviv.com/#!Places-to-meet-people/chdf/8BF852AB-6261-43FF-98F8-BBAB24FF2E3E).
* Art*Star Tuesdays ‘Special Thursday Show’ – this week is a solo show by Nir Adoni, with live music by DJ Miki Davny – https://www.facebook.com/events/379926242146783/
* Do you want to learn more about art in Tel Aviv? OhSoArty has a special tour of the Rothschild art scene, at a special price of 100 NIS – https://www.facebook.com/events/236808563110050/
* Relax in the sun at Port Said listening to Samy Ben Redjeb & DJ Pedo (Analog Africa Records) spin their tunes – https://www.facebook.com/events/708231672556855/
* OneDay Volunteering Tel Aviv are volunteering at a South Tel Aviv dog shelter – followed by drinks – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/oneday-tel-aviv-presents-volunteering-at-the-animal-shelter-tickets-11517969557
* Are you single? Roof Top Singles are hosting a kosher vegetarian Shabbat dinner and cocktails – https://www.facebook.com/events/1497588563796164/
* Join hundreds of Olim and Israelis this Friday and every Friday night at the Tel Aviv International Synagogue for their acclaimed Carlebach Kabbalat Shabbat – https://www.facebook.com/events/516798701746089/
* Israeli band The Yemen Blues are launching their new show at Reading 3 in the Nemal – https://www.facebook.com/events/677854378945703/
* Anna Loulou Bar hosts Ze-Zaz, an exhibition of short animations from the students of Bezalel – https://www.facebook.com/events/1412058319069612/
* The Bootleg Club hosts a special night dedicated to one of the most important labels in the music industry – Motown. For the special night they have brought a top French DJ Reverend P – resident at Djoon – https://www.facebook.com/events/258858024299623/
Rest of the Week
* Sunday (11/5) – Makela Kala, an Israeli a capella group, are doing a free fundraising concert at Levontin 7 – https://www.facebook.com/events/1592898980934481
* Sunday (11/5) – Young Professionals in Tel Aviv are hosting an Italian Style Aperitivo at Herbert Samuel 78 – 30 NIS for Italian food and good networking – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/aperitivo-fronte-mare-tickets-11406823115
* Monday (12/5) – Secret Tel Aviv Events presents Summer Nights Vol #1: Brazil – the first of our new weekly line at the Patio – with Brazilian music and all-you-can-drink caiprinha, beer and wine for 75 NIS – https://www.facebook.com/events/1434017016856769/
* Monday (12/5) – Looking for tips for your new business? Mazeh 9 and Mati have organized three classes to help – this week is a guide to ‘Marketing’ – http://bit.ly/Q2Hu8V
* Monday (12/5) – Dance company Maria Kong team up with the Barbie for a 360 degree experience where very space becomes one huge stand – https://www.facebook.com/events/1483296985232860/
* Tuesday (13/5) – Art*Star Tuesday: Con Art Magazine pre-launch party – live art and music – https://www.facebook.com/events/667417859973315/
* Tuesday (13/5) – OneDay Volunteering are volunteering at a food packaging center for those who need it – followed by drinks – http://www.eventbrite.com/e/oneday-tlv-presents-food-packaging-tickets-11518007671
* Tuesday (13/5) – The Tel Aviv International Salon hosts “The Moral Case for Revenge – Gaza, Eichmann, & Bin Laden” – with Thane Rosenbaum, journalist, author and legal scholar – https://RevengeTelAvivSalon.eventbrite.com/
Get your tickets soon for the following events
* Pecha Kucha 19/20 May – tickets sell out for this event very very quickly! An evening of talks and presentations in various fields, where every talk is limited to 6.20 minutes. Sign up to avoid disappointment – talks are in Hebrew – https://www.facebook.com/events/773122206040051/
* The Sunbeat Festival – Shavuot 2014 – 6/7 June – 194 NIS – On Shavuot, Pecan Park in the magical Upper Galilee will host the SunBeat festival. Offering an exciting two days of live music from around the globe, camping in nature, and chilling with nice people in the Sun. Come with friends, come with your family, come with a musical instrument, and of course come with a smile! – http://bit.ly/sunbeatsecretlv
To subscribe to the weekly newsletter simply complete this form (http://eepurl.com/Mrp11) or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/secrettelaviv/