Last updated August 5th 2014
Stay Classy Tel Aviv!
Party like a rock-star! Only 4 days till the Secret Tel Aviv Spring Break Party at Zamir! The same night is also the manager of Zamir’s birthday, this promises to be a BIG PARTY!!! If you register you get discounted entry and a free drink… don’t miss the best party of the year so far!
Also, a quick shout-out to everyone running the Tel Aviv Marathon this Friday – Behatzlchah!!!
Tonight (Wednesday 26/2)
* If you like vintage, jazz music or just want to have a good time with some great people, Holy Lindy Land Swing dancing is hosting a Great Gatsby Roaring 20s-style party in a cool location – Dress code is elegant 20s, of course – https://www.facebook.com/events/212256555634197/
* Want to learn how to raise money for your startup? HUJI eClub is proud to host Jonathan Saacks of Genesis Partners to explain how – https://www.facebook.com/events/576406095787301/
* Tatran are playing live at the Ozen Bar – I’ve not heard of these guys, but the 300 people who have hit ‘attending’ obviously have – https://www.facebook.com/events/725829647434875/
* Today’s wacky choice – Want to learn to sing like your grandparents? Join us as we learn yiddish songs: old, new, famous and forgotten music – a knowledge of Yiddish is useful but not necessary – https://www.facebook.com/events/509545065833734/
* Just when you thought they couldn’t get any better, HaStudia goes and does something like this! Today’s lesson is how to brew your own beer…. Mmmmmm beer – a little bit pricey at 400 NIS, but if you are like me this has huge ROI potential – https://www.facebook.com/events/1512017139023852/
* Is it an exhibition? Is it a party? I have no idea. But it has great write-ups and a gallery at Cat and Dog – Check out Yariv Etzion’s Urban Loneliness Instagram Exhibition at the Duvdavan Gallery – http://instagram.com/stereounderground
* The big-three venues all have what they call ‘headliner’ events – me, I’m not so sure – The Collective @ The Barbie (https://www.facebook.com/events/1477320672494932/), Sasha @ The Block (https://www.facebook.com/events/473014532803244/), Groove Ambassadors @ The Container (https://www.facebook.com/events/237409569763976/):
* Today’s wacky choice – Want to know what sex will look like in the future? Then check out Professor Johannes Grenzfurthner’s lecture Arse Elektronika: Sex, Tech and the Future of Screw-It-Yourself at Hayarkon 19 – https://www.facebook.com/events/228675490651290/
Friday Day (28/2)
* Good luck to to the 30k people running the Tel Aviv Marathon this week!
* Do you like shopping part 1? Dirt cheap garage sale at the Koro club – live DJ, cheap beer and lots of books, cloths, comics and everything else – https://www.facebook.com/events/1422760567963442/
* Do you like shopping part 2? Tel Aviv Clothes Swap! We will be partying and swapping unwanted stuff – stop by if you have stuff to donate, swap, or if you are in need of new things! – www.facebook.com/events/711114018910228/
* Want to learn how to cook like an Israeli? Mitbachi hosts an Israeli cooking class that will teach you how the local food is made, what ingredients and techniques are used, and what makes the local Israeli cuisine so unique and delicious! Price 230 NIS – https://www.facebook.com/events/467450536692853/
* We had to include this one – “Stay Classy San Diego” – Anchorman 2 about to be released in Israel – at a cinema near you!
* Today’s wacky choice – Now I’ve seen it all! Bar Kayma presents its famous (?) Ukelele Festival – https://www.facebook.com/events/675168685858625/
Friday Kabbalat Shabbat (28/2)
* Join hundreds of Olim and Israelis this Friday and every Friday night at the Tel Aviv International Synagogue for their acclaimed Carlebach Kabbalat Shabbat – https://www.facebook.com/events/516798701746089/
* The Happiest Hour Tel Aviv Community Kabbalat Shabbat with open bar – everyone welcome, everyone wanted – https://www.facebook.com/events/1465929886968507/
* Following its successful event last week, this week Roof Top Singles is leaving the roof for a singles potluck picnic – followed by Kickball – https://www.facebook.com/events/590534104361258/
* There is only one place to be on Saturday night – Facebook’s MOST OUTRAGEOUS GROUP is teaming up with Tel Aviv’s WILDEST CLUB to present the Secret Tel Aviv SPRING BREAK PARTY!!! – https://www.facebook.com/events/707490575939646/
Rest of the Week:
* Sunday 2/3 – The Anglo Film Club presents ‘Suvenirim’ (Souvenirs)! The evening is for charity and will include a Q&A with the co-director Hila Efrat – https://www.facebook.com/events/248387412000205/
* Sunday 2/3 to 10/3 – The Hola Mexico Film Festival is coming to Israel – nine new films from south of the border – https://www.facebook.com/HolaMexicoIsrael
* Monday 3/3 – ConnecTLV movie night showing Hunting Elephants, an Israeli comedy starring Patrick Stewart – https://www.facebook.com/events/263438933826172/
* Tuesday 4/4 – To celebrate International Women’s Day, Google is partnering with Women Techmakers to launch a series of global events geared towards increasing visibility, community, and resources for technical women in our industry – http://www.eventbrite.com/e/gdg-women-israel-launch-international-womens-day-tickets-10713752121?aff=es2&rank=4&sid=ffeb08199e5711e3ace012313d091a6a
We’ll be back next week with Purim Parties!!!
To subscribe the the newsletter simply complete this form (http://eepurl.com/Mrp11) or send us an email to email@example.com
Check out the Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/secrettelaviv/