Last updated August 5th 2014
Chag Sameach Tel Aviv!
Just another normal week in the White City… a week full of awesome events, parties, art gatherings, festivals, the start of Pride Week… oh, and the Rolling Stones, Passenger, and Yanni are in town!! Scroll down to the bottom of the email for tickets for other global superstars coming to Tel Aviv over the summer!
* Probably the biggest concert ever held in Israel… The Rolling Stones are rolling into town. At time of writing, Secret Tel Aviv still had a few tickets available from Eventim at 700 NIS – you can purchase them here – http://bit.ly/rollingstonestlv – and if you can’t get any, well, You Can’t Always Get What You Want!
* Holy Lindy Land are hosting a Free Swing Dancing class followed by party – great music straight from the Roaring Twenties –
* Calling all crowdfunders! Indiegogo are one of the hottest crowdfunding companies in the world, and this week they are coming to Tel Aviv – whether you have already run a campaign or are thinking about running one in the future, come and meet the team (tickets are sold out, but more will be released to the waiting list) – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/indiegogo-city-session-tel-aviv-tickets-11406080895
* Are you interested in politics? Would you like to get more involved? Join Meretz MK Tamar Zandberg for a talk about the Meretz party and its role in Israeli society (in English) – https://www.facebook.com/events/1438373213083917/
* Crazy concept at Hayarkon 19 – every week for the next month there will be a 15 minute party – enough time to listen to a short set from DJ Shuz and enjoy a quick free drink – https://www.facebook.com/events/652132821541176/
* One of Israel’s top festivals starts today – the Sunbeat Festival 2014 – 6-7 June – music stages, workshops, travelers jam, village square, kids area, camping areas, art market and more – https://www.facebook.com/events/861744817185040/
* Not to be outdone by Holy Lindy Land, the Dance TLV team are planning a swing dance party somewhere on Rothschild – https://www.facebook.com/events/1477003229202250/
* One for the Doves amongst us – to commemorate the 10th birthday of ‘Breaking the Silence’, hundreds of public figures will participate in a non-stop 10-hour reading of combatant testimonies in the West Bank – at Habima – https://www.facebook.com/events/802968499727770/
* Looking to do something good for society – One Day Volunteering have organized a ‘clean the beach’ day – http://www.eventbrite.com/e/oneday-tlv-presents-beach-cleaning-tickets-11830183397
* Kick-off your Kabbalat Shabbat with Fridisimo at Shalvata Nemal – bands and singing – https://www.facebook.com/events/450719131697864/
* Join hundreds of Olim and Israelis this Friday and every Friday night at the Tel Aviv International Synagogue for their acclaimed Carlebach Kabbalat Shabbat – https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Tel-Aviv-International-Synagogue/213618035324488
* Are you a lone soldier, past or present? Then you are invited to the Lone Soldier Friday Night Dinner – http://www.eventbrite.com/e/lone-soldier-friday-night-dinner-in-tel-aviv-tickets-11671761553
* DIY Tel Aviv Recommendation of the Week (www.DIYTelAvivGuide.com): Casino San Remo presents: ‘Turkish Delight’ – Turkish trance music by top djs, Turkish food, and drinks – https://www.facebook.com/events/1387549128153610/
* E-Boded are back for the summer! Tel Aviv’s coolest roof parties kick off the season with a huge party at Clara on Saturday afternoon – https://www.facebook.com/events/477537949046655/
* Legendary Greek composer Yanni returns to Israel – he will be performing at the Nokia Arena, and Secret Tel Aviv members have a special 100 NIS discount – simply click on the link, and enter “secret2014” in the promotional code – http://bit.ly/yannitlv
Rest of the Week:
* Sunday – ‘Save a Child’s Heart’ are back with another party at Tosca bar – 50% of proceeds go to life-saving surgeries for children with heart conditions – https://www.facebook.com/events/691127527602890/
* Sunday – the Pride Week officially starts today, with parties throughout the week and the parade on Friday 13th June – for a full list of events check out the TLV Municipality website – http://tlvpride.whats-on.co.il/en/ – to learn more about gay culture in Tel Aviv, there is an expo running all week at the Dizingoff Centre – https://www.facebook.com/events/725663460818205/
* Tuesday – Israeli Premier of 22 Jump Street starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tattum (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9S_dYuq0vE) – we have tickets to give away for free to the Premier – simply send us an email with your favourite “It could only happen in Israel …” story, our favourite four will win a pair of tickets (also running the competition in the group)
* Tuesday – Comedy for Koby is back for another tour – top comedians do a show to benefit the Koby Mandell Foundation and victims of terror – at Tzavta Theater – http://www.kobymandell.org/
* Tuesday – Passenger (you know the song… “Let her Go”) is playing live in the Barby – all tickets sold out – for those who are going, Enjoy!
Tickets for upcoming events:
* La Triviata Opera at Masada – 14th to 17th June – tickets start at 380 NIS – http://bit.ly/operatlv
* Pixies perform at the Bloomfield Stadium on June 17th – tickets start at 300 NIS – http://bit.ly/pixiestlv
* Neil Young’s Alchemy Tour is coming to Israel on 17th July at Gnei Yehoshua – tickets start at 400 NIS – http://bit.ly/neilyoungtlv
* The Cirque de Soleil are performing Quidam at the Nokia Arena on 6th August to 21st August, tickets start at 235 NIS – http://bit.ly/cirquetlv
To subscribe to the weekly newsletter simply complete this form (http://eepurl.com/Mrp11) or send us an email to email@example.com
Thanks to Tel Aviv Urban Photographs for the awesome cover photo – https://www.facebook.com/TelAvivUrbanPhotographs
Check out the Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/secrettelaviv/