Tel Aviv University Sofaer Global MBA
The Sofaer Global MBA is the only AACSB internationally accredited MBA in Israel. This program specifically combines a classic core MBA curriculum with the development and scaling of new ventures. Admission is highly selective and limited to no more than 50 students. Our most successful candidates have started a business, earned advanced degrees, and brought new technologies to market. Many chose to study abroad in countries such as China, Singapore, South Korea, the U.S. and Germany during their MBAs. Scholarships are available to the most competitive candidates.
Who Studies in the Global MBA?
Our program is for leaders and thinkers who want to prepare themselves for the global new venture ecosystem.
As well as the foundation courses, lectures and workshops there are few unique program elements that allow you to focus on entrepreneurship and innovation at the Sofaer Global MBA:
Startup Immersion Program
- Our Startup Immersion Program gives our students the opportunity to join startups funded by our affiliated Fund, TAU Ventures.
- In the 2018-19 academic year, these startups range from predictive analytics, virtual reality, and 3D printing.
- In addition to testing and growing their analytical skills, students learn how to work effectively and in a result-driven way with the leadership team of high-potential Israeli startups.
- The Startup Immersion Program is a complement to our Internship Program, which provides internships in technology, consulting, and venture capital companies.
New Venture Creation Class
- Our new venture creation class is for student entrepreneurs who have established traction in their venture, measured through sales, investment, and/or IP.
- For students who are just starting out, we also have an accelerator program.
- In both our new venture and accelerator classes, we develop teams around each venture, and ensure that each venture is supported with a mix of sales, finance, engineering, and industry-relevant skills.
- Students are exposed to the academic theory of new venture creation, develop and refine their revenue models, and are in some cases supported financially to conduct field research to validate their hypothesis. Where relevant, we incorporate expertise from the University’s faculties in life sciences, exact sciences, and engineering.
- In the 2018-19 academic year, students in our new venture creation class are developing and gaining funding for a tele-medicine solution, a solar-energy peer-to-peer technology, and two neuro-science based ventures each based on over a decade of research.
- The Studio for Entrepreneurs guides entrepreneurial students through a unique personal process of self-discovery to locate their true passion and the barriers that can inhibit its pursuit. Participants will face experiences that emerge during an entrepreneurial journey to develop the ability to cope with difficulties and improve capabilities to recover from them. They will also learn how to use chaos and uncertainty to their advantage.
Tel Aviv Ecosystem
- The Sofaer Global MBA is centered in the heart of the startup ecosystem. From our thriving University campuses, with world-renowned faculties in engineering and computer science, to the Tel-Aviv startup scene, our students have endless opportunities to imagine, develop, and scale their ventures and those of their colleagues and CEOs/Co-Founders.
Tel Aviv University’s Coller School of Management
The only internationally accredited business school in Israel (AACSB), the Coller School of Management is intricately connected to Tel Aviv’s start-up scene and Israel’s economy. The School boasts over 23,000 alumni in top positions throughout the country and hosts over 2,000 executives and professionals annually in our tailored executive development programs.
In 2018 Tel Aviv University was ranked 9th in producing VC backed entrepreneurs and the Coller School was ranked 8th in produing unicorn startup founders by PitchBook, an independent and impartial private equity and venture capital research firm. In 2017 the Coller School was the only business school in Israel to be awarded Eduniversal’s coveted “5 Palmes of Excellence.”
The Tel Aviv University Sofaer Global MBA is part of Tel Aviv University.
This school is featured in Secret Tel Aviv’s Prestigious Guide to ‘Best MBAs in English in Israel 2019’.
1 month ago No Comments