University of Haifa International MBA
University of Haifa offers two unique and useful international MBA programs: The Global Green MBA (one year) and the International MBA (Focus: Asia) (two years).
Global Green MBA
Sustainable business management is at the forefront of Haifa University Faculty of Management’s one-year Global Green MBA program. Israel is both a leader in water and renewable energy management and a leader in developing innovative and sustainable technologies, making Haifa University an ideal place to experience and tap into the dynamic combination of environmentally-focused, successful business culture.
The program excels in its focus on environmental and social sustainability, two issues key to effective and responsible business practice. As such, the MBA’s combination of high academic standards in an international learning environment, its focus on essential tools for business management, and the acquiring of theoretical and practical tools for implementing sustainability make it a very valuable and comprehensive business curriculum.
What you will study
Over the course of the year, students will cover a total of 20 core courses from the fields of Business Administration and Environmental Management and Sustainability. A further two elective courses from the field of Environmental Management and Sustainability and an applied project make up the remainder of the curriculum. In addition to standard MBA subjects such as investments, economics, accounting, and marketing among others, students will study subjects such as principles of sustainability, how to assess an impact of a project on surrounding environment, what environmental laws apply, what is a CSR and what management systems to use. The full list of courses offered is listed below and on the program website.
- An accredited university undergraduate degree with a minimum grade point average of 80 or the equivalent.
- Completion of GMAT/GRE/an internal exam with a minimum grade that will be determined periodically.
- An excellent command of the English language.
- Qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.
International MBA (Focus: Asia)
The International MBA (IMBA) is designed to fit an age of globalization, constant disruptive changes and the steadily growing importance of East Asia in the global business world. Taught in English over 16 months the IMBA program aims at empowering students with the core knowledge, competencies and skills that will prepare them for a global management career rapidly evolving within the increasingly dynamic, complex and competitive international business environment.
What you will study
The basic core courses are designed to study all the MBA disciplines with a clear prominence to the global and international aspects of each respective topic. On top of this global vision, the program offers a strong regional emphasis on doing business in and with East Asian countries such as China, India, Japan and Korea.Haifa IMBA has two strategic University partners in Asia: ECNU in Shanghai and IMT in India. Both are leading business schools.
Each regional specialization includes:
- Joint Seminar with MBA students in China and/or in India, working together on projects and partnerships commissioned by companies in both countries.
- Study Trip to China or India that will get you in direct contact with peers and managers in these countries and allow you to exchange with them as well as discover their own country and experience their approach to management.
Women and men who possess the following qualifications are welcome to apply for admission to the program:
- An accredited undergraduate degree with a minimum grade point average of 80 or the equivalent
- At least three years of managerial/professional experience after completion of the undergraduate degree
- Completion of the GMAT/GRE/Internal Exam, with a minimum grade that will be determined periodically
- An excellent command of the English language
- Qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
This school is featured in Secret Tel Aviv’s Prestigious Guide to ‘Best MBAs in English in Israel 2019’.
Looking for more ideas?
6 months ago No Comments