Eritrean Womens Community Center
Name: Eritrean Womens Community Center
Address: Levinsky 87, Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
An important element of the Eritrean Women’s Community Center is its physical space. The center, located in South Tel Aviv, is in the heart of the neighbourhood where many Eritrean asylum seekers live. The location is integral to providing access to those aiming to utilize the services provided by the center. The community center has become a symbol for the women who associate it with a sense of safety, free from many of the sources of intimidation that exist for them in public as well as in the private domain. The center is a place where they can feel comfortable, accepted and in control of their lives. The freedom from authoritative figures combined with the services provided and activites mandated allow for the center to be recognized by the communty as a place where women can come at any time for any need.
1) Come volunteer with us! – Volunteer at a community center for Eritrean women in Tel Aviv that provides valuable opportunities for this underserved population. Play with children, sort donations, and teach English and computer classes.
Donations are an extremely vital part for our Center. Besides financial support, we greatly welcome items such as:
– Storable foods (pasta, rice, oil, sugar, flour, cans, tuna, tea etc.)
– Baby care products (strollers, baby milk powder, baby powder, nappies, new pacifiers, new toys or only used ones in an extremely good and clean condition, baby shampoo, baby creams, new baby clothes etc.)
– Cleaning and Hygiene products (toilet paper, kitchen paper, shampoo, baby wipes, sponges, body lotion, deodorant etc.)
– Class material (paper, pencils, plastic glasses, snacks such as cookies and salted popcorn, drinks such as ice tea and water)
– Clothes and furniture: only new ones or in an extremely good condition and clean
For any information on the Center please email us at: email@example.com
11 months ago No Comments