What does your company do?
With an infinite amount of things to read, watch, or listen to surrounding us every day, how do we know where to look first?
Taboola’s founder and CEO, Adam Singolda, calls this the “discovery problem.” Search engines may have changed the world by enabling people to find any and all kinds of information. But how can someone discover something new they may like if they don’t already know to look for it?
So, what is Taboola? Since our launch in 2007, Taboola’s team of ninja-like engineers and digital media mavens have been building the world’s largest and most advanced discovery platform — or “search engine in reverse” — delivering personalized recommendations to over one billion users every month, on many of the web’s most innovative and highly-visited websites.
Thousands of leading publishers, marketers, and agencies utilize Taboola’s predictive technology to increase user engagement, monetize their traffic, and distribute their content to engaged audiences across the web. Together, our teams have pioneered a major new marketing channel alongside “search” and “social,” proving that “discovery” can power successful campaigns for companies of all sizes, throughout the customer journey.
These days, passionate about bringing “discovery” to more markets around the world, there are over 1000 of us “Taboolars” (and growing), connecting people with content they may like but never knew existed, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Tel Aviv, New Delhi, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Bangkok.
Why is Taboola a great place to work?
- If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola they will tell you that here they are able to discover their best professional self, explore where they can grow to, and learn from and together with smart and talented people
- Our work environment is diverse and inclusive, you’ll find many different types of people from different backgrounds and cultures
- More importantly, over 93% of our employees would recommend us to their friends as a great place to work (we know because we asked them!)
- We recently hired our 1000th employee but we work hard to make sure our atmosphere and culture still feel like a small startup
- We’re people and animal friendly (so long as they are too)
Other cool quick facts?
- We started as a small Israeli startup and have grown to a $1B+ company
- Our office is the largest Taboola branch and is home to the majority of our R&D team
- We have another 18 offices around the world including ones in New York, London and Bangkok
- There are over 400 employees, 6 of them are related (none to the CEO :))
- In 2018, we welcomed over 35 new babies
- Taboola reaches over 45% of all Internet users in the world
- We serve over 500B recommendations every month to over 1.4B unique users globally
- Our servers handle over 45TB of data every single day and over 500K requests per second
- According to ComScore, Taboola is the most viewed video platform on desktop globally (more than YouTube and Facebook)
For more cool Israeli hi-tech companies, click here.
5 months ago No Comments