Greetings to all Secret Tel Aviv Members,
You are invited to join the new Digital Branches of Bank Hapoalim, designed for the Millenial Generation. We focus on training you to use our digital products, with the help of our fun and intuitive tools, and helpful young staff.
There are now two Digital Branches in Tel Aviv – the original branch at Ibn Gvirol 161 (corner of Ibn Gvirol and Nordau), and a new one at HaBarzel 15 in Ramat HaChayal.
Your time matters to us:
We don’t deal with cash – reducing our queues for services that you don’t use. We’ll help you make transfers, manage regular payments, deposit cheques, and get financial advice. (of course, we also have ATMs).
Our Tel Aviv branch, located on the corner of Ibn Gvirol and Nordau, is open Sunday to Thursday 9.30am to 8.30pm, and on Friday 9am to 1pm – to fit around your daily schedule.
Where there’s no English translation, our friendly staff will guide you and teach you new words on the way.
Don’t Just Take Our Word – Check out the Reviews from Secret Tel Aviv:
– “If anyone is looking for a bank, I highly suggest bank hapoalim-digital branch. I never have to go in. If I ever have a question about my account, all I have to do is email them and they call me to resolve it! They will call multiple times/email you back to make sure all your questions are answered. And they speak perfect English!!! Definitely recommend over any other bank!” Hannah 18/4/17 (post)
– “Great service, joined them recently! And convenient hours!” Karyn 24/4/17 (post)
– “cette banque est vraiment super, les conseillers sont agreables et a l’ecoute et prennent le temps de tout expliquer. Le gros avantage est qu’ils sont ouverts tard le soir et aussi le vendredi matin:) !! le petit plus est en tant que Ole hadach, la premiere année est gratuite si tu dis que tu viens du Groupe Secret Tel aviv !” Sara 28/3/17 (post)
Who can we help:
- Olim Chadashim – be sure to ask for special Olim Chadashim rates!
- All Israelis – benefit from longer opening hours and shorter queues.
- Foreign Residents – will be directed to our “Hatzafon” branch *
* if you are a foreign resident, we have a special branch for you on Dizengoff 205 (the Bank Hapoalim “Hatzafon” Branch) – this branch operates a designated department that specializes in regulation for foreign residents. The department, located on the second floor of the branch.
Meet the Team:
1. Poalim Digital Branch Ibn Gvirol (Ibn Gvirol 161, Tel Aviv)
2. Poalim Digital Branch Ramat HaChayal (HaBarzel 15, Ramat HaChayal, Tel Aviv)
Why Bank Hapoalim?
- Bank Hapoalim is Israel’s largest bank with the largest number of branches of any bank.
- Bank Hapoalim has the lowest fees among all the major banks, as recognized by the Bank of Israel for several consecutive years that. For more information, see Secret Tel Aviv’s separate post on banking charges.
- Bank Hapoalim is leading the way in Digital Services, and recently opened a dedicated Digital Branch with longer opening hours and shorter queues.
- Bank Hapoalim has passionate about helping the new immigrant population by establishing branches that specialize in ‘Olim’ and foreign residents (one of which is the “Hatzafon” branch), special conferences for this population and other activities.
How To Open A New Account?
One of the first moves required of new “Olim” is the opening of a bank account. The opening of an account is necessary to receive the grant from the Ministry of Absorption and to join several services that are necessary for daily life, such as cell phone, health insurance, etc.
The documents required to open a bank account:
- Israeli citizen who lives overseas must provide Israeli ID in addition to document from the country in which he resides, as well as present the note he received from the Border Guard upon entering Israel.
- A foreign resident must provide a passport and another identifying document, as well as the note received when entering the country.
- If you already received Israeli citizenship and are already living in Israel, you only need to provide your Israeli ID (Teudat Zehut).
Good luck to all of the “Olim” and members of Secret Tel Aviv on their new path.
Ortal Cohen and Zvi Shkedi
Ortal Cohen (left) – Manager of the Digital Branch – Bank Hapoalim; and Zvi Shkedi – Manager of the “Hatzafon” Branch – Bank Hapoalim.
- Read more:
- Poalim Digital Website
- SC Architects – the architects behind the beautiful Digital Branch
- The Making of the Bank Hapoalim Digital Branch
- Capgemini Consulting Report: ‘The Future of Bank Branches – Coordinating Physical with Digital’